Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is now a time to buy?

Options
  • 29-01-2009 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

I'm in the US, Houston. Moved from Ireland last summer, renting an apt with my wife. Our lease is up soon and we are moving to a bigger apt at the very least, but we thought why not see what kind of home loan we can get, we were approved for a 150k amazingly!

I know that its hard to know about the Houston housing market for you guys back home. But in general, is now a good time to buy or should i get my larger 2 bed apt and rent for a year. There are some tax incentives to buying now, rebate of 7500 or closing cost etc.

My other issue and I am sure you can help me with this one is the houses we have seen so far for anything less than 150k are not the nicest. Houses of 200k are far more like what I would want my first home to be. So while prices are low is it better to get onto the market instead of renting or should I hold out for a house I truly love when I have improved my credit and can get the 200k loan.
    Tagged:

Advertisement