Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How low is blood pressure before you're considered hypostolic?

Options
  • 29-01-2009 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So i had an operation yesterday and i noticed my blood pressure was quite low compared to the standard (120 over 80).

So i was wondering, how low does blood pressure have to be before theres some concern. I know theres loads about when blood pressure goes above the norm, but i cant find much about when it goes below

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

If it's info on low blood pressure you are after then try some google searches for 'hypotension'. This is the term normally used these days. High blood pressure is usually referred to as 'hypertension'. :)

If this BP was being monitored by a machine then if it fell too low an alarm would have sounded. If it's something you are concerned about, talk to your doctor. They are there to help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I wouldn't worry about it OP. My blood pressure is typically 110-115/70, which is perfectly safe and normal.

In this case, google will actually help. Check out the wikipedia articles on blood pressure.

Hypotension would be quite rare in young people unless you had suffered a serious accident or had a history of heart problems.

Advertisement