Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

measurment help.

Options
  • 29-01-2009 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

Hi all,I'm in the process of planning to make a banjo. One of the parts,the resonator,is made from 4 sheets of veener pressed in a form. The form is usually made from 2 old harrow discs,but I've not had too much luck so far finding them,so it looks like I'll have to turn a form. Problem is, the curve of the form should be 42 degrees and I've no idea how to measure it. The chances of me turning 2 with the exact same curviture is slim, probably impossible without some form of measurment.I know it's probably a thick question,but maths and measurments have never been my top subject:o There's probably a contraption that will do it,if so,whats it called. You might ask why I dont just turn the whole resonator, well I could,but weight wise it would probably weight 4 times as much as the veneer type. Heres a couple of pics of a resonator and banjo,the resonator sits on the back of the banjo and acts as an air chamber

Advertisement