Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Allweather Autoglass Help!!!

Options
  • 28-01-2009 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hoping you folks can help me on this.
    Car window broke, called this company, branch just off Bolton St.
    Guy fits glass, I pay him and he says the seals a bit bumpy, it will go back into shape when its left in the sun. Stupidly I didnt even look at it, just paid him, I'v had lots of windows done over the years by various companies, always well done.
    Anyway, I go to drive and notice the seal is torn right through in 2 places and sticking out really badly.
    I call the company, the guy texts me saying leave it in the sun?
    I ring back and they say it's due to the cold weather and the car being 6 year old. I tell them its physically torn, so they eventually say they will order a new seal, and call me in 3/4 days.
    3 weeks pass, no call. I phone, they text me again asking for make, model etc.
    I ring them and say I want to talk to manager,they have these details and nobody has called in 3 weeks. The guy tells me to F off, that the job is fine and hangs up?? I call back, nice as pie, and say look I want to talk to manager, same guy says he is manager,and starts all F this and F you.
    So I say, listen I think you have me mixed up with another customer. He reads out my name and says no, you want a new seal you'll pay for it now F off and hangs up!!
    So I'm thinking this is a wind up at this stage. I ring there other branch, same guy answers. Turns out all the branches numbers ring the same guy!!
    I drive down to the premises which is down a lane and just a lockup, which is locked up.

Where to from here????
    Anyone dealt with these guys?
    Anyone know if they have an office?
    Does small claims court have any real teeth to deal with someone like this??

It was only 110 euro but I'm just gobsmacked with the attitude (I worked in customer service for years, so I'm the most polite customer anyones ever gonna get)

CRO website says they are registered to Donnybrook address, which I recon is an accountants office/mailing address!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Do you still have the 'leave it in the sun' text?

Don't take that crap from them - persue it to the last. It sounds like a poor job and why should you pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Feck that carry on! Obviously riding on the name of the regular Autoglass who are a very professional company. Sounds like somebody needs a beating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

Fraid I dont have the text still.
    I'm guessin since these are mobile vans they don't have anywhere the public can go to see them.

You don't have the text and time has passed. Sort this out as soon as possible. The longer it drags out the harder it will be for you to resolve.

You probably could have done a better job yourself with a piece of string and swiss army knife! :P

• Advertisement

I'd better not get the swiss army involved in this one!!

Not sure where to go with this! Phoning doesnt seem to be an option, no place to call into.
    Solicitors... not really economical.
    Small claims court?? I'm guessin someone like this wouldnt turn up, judge rules for me...who enforces judgement??

MMMMM?:mad:

mcguiver wrote: »
    I'd better not get the swiss army involved in this one!!

Not sure where to go with this! Phoning doesnt seem to be an option, no place to call into.
    Solicitors... not really economical.
    Small claims court?? I'm guessin someone like this wouldnt turn up, judge rules for me...who enforces judgement??

MMMMM?:mad:

Either you do your best to have it rectified or you take it on the chin and chalk it up. The choice is yours. Personally, I'd annoy the boll1x out of them at the very, very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd probably call the guy out to a non-existent address with a hard-to-get windscreen every few months for a couple of years.

Anan1 wrote: »
    I'd probably call the guy out to a non-existent address with a hard-to-get windscreen every few months for a couple of years.

+ 1

One bad deed does not deserve another, however in this case I think you'll either have to chalk it or, well, take the pi$$!!

Anan1 wrote: »

You're a bad bast4rd :D but I like your style ;):D

• Advertisement

I was hoping someone might have come across a business address for these cowboys that actually has someone physically there to go see.

Its just annoying, if I'd lost that amount of cash I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, but to think some mupit has benifitted from this is the sting!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Small claims court is the way to go. Write down everything you can remember about every exchange you've had with the guy. I hope you have a receipt or some documentation to say the guy actually did the job. File your claim with as much info as you can, copy of invoice, copies of phone bills to show when you called him etc.

You may be right, he mightn't show up. Assuming you get the judgement and he doesn't pay up you then have a bigger stick to beat him with. Legally speaking of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

i would take the small claims court route....

or ring them up book and appointment under a different name, have them come out fix window and then not pay them....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents, on a my back from boards.ie motors meet, I got a crack in my window from a stone on the road (Ithink it was last month).

Autoglass ordered my windsreen from England, picked it up at the airport the next day, installled it and made sure the wiper and light sensor worked, and I have had no problems since.

Im usually very unlucky when trying to fix things on my car but on this rare occasion, I got A1, prompt, quick, (so far so good)reliable service. Autoglass sorted it out with my insurance company and my no-claims is not affected!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

The place in question here is "Allweather Autoglass", not the big UK company known as Autoglass.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Autoglass ordered my windsreen from England, picked it up at the airport the next day, installled it and made sure the wiper and light sensor worked, and I have had no problems since.

I think the OP is making the point that the operator is calling himself *Allweather Autoglass* thereby profiting from the good name of Autoglass.
    Autoglass ltd should stop him from using the name Autoglass it borders on trademark infringement and could be damaging to their business especially if he is acting the way he is alleged to have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭biggybum

What exactly do you mean by Seal?? Is it the outter trim around the windscreen or the actual glue seal? Sounds to me like a rough careless job either way. Customer service obviously does'nt enter the equation, a botched job should be fixed without hesitation. I'm a windscreen fitter myself so just interested to know the exact problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Hey what you could do is, say yes i will pay for a new seal.

The guy comes out fits new seal then he asks for payment and you say no. Problem solved :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 marzi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

marzi wrote: »
    i can give you some details,pm me.

I doubt they care are this stage.

• Advertisement

in 2008 when customers were rolling in the door, they may not have cared. this is 2011 buddy...
    ps..i didnt look at the date before i posted... my bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

The're not the only one hopping on the Autoglass name, I had a problem with Autoglass(Irl) based in Cork in that they failed to inform me that they did'nt have Axa approval for windscreen replacement.
    In fairness to Axa they reimbursed me, but it took nearly six months to sort it out.

this is 2011 buddy...
    ps..i didnt look at the date before i posted... my bad!

I dont mean they dont care in terms of business or whatever the f**k reason your coming on here. I mean the thread is two years old & the people involved are long gone.

i dont understand what your issue is?

i dont understand what your issue is?

I was just pointing out that its an old thread. Resurrecting old threads is general frowned upon around here. Thats all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

sentient_6 wrote: »
    I was just pointing out that its an old thread. Resurrecting old threads is general frowned upon around here. Thats all.

Well report the post rather than going off on one.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement