Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Buying a Vista compatible

Options
  • 28-01-2009 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hI,

I'm just getting started with computer based music. Ive recently bought Ablteon Live 7 and I am loking for a Midi contoller and Audio interface which will work well with this programme.

I have a 64bit Windows Vista laptop and Ive just learnt that my preffered keyboard the Axiom 25 is not compatible with this so I would be delighted if anyone can recommen an alternative.

I am looking to be able to record bass and guitars into Live so am looking for an audio interface thats suitable for this purpose as well.

Finally i'm thinkin of buying a foot controller, the Behringer fcb1010 anyone got any experience with this?

any help would be much appreciated,

cheers,
    mick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I think this thing is very nice.

http://www.novationmusic.com/products/audio_interfaces/xstation/#details

Works with vista and even charges batteries.

What is the foot controller for? Anything that Berrin-ginger make that's designed to be stood on is a bad idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ogy

the fcb1010 is brilliant, one of the few behringer products thats not rubbish. chasis is steel and the pedals are pretty sturdy. i use it to control ableton while playing guitar.

the only drawback (there has to be one:)) is that its very awkward to program . however theres freeware online that lets you do it pretty easily,though its sysex dumps as theres no usb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Their Headphone amp is good too. So I guess that's 2 things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mikewally

hi guys, thanks for the comments. That novation keyboard looks awesome, unfortunately at€499 its way outside my budget. i was looking at the axiom 25 which is about €150 but this is not vista compatible. THe Edirol PCR-M1 seems like the best bet. if anyone knows of a better one around teh 100-200 euroi mark please let me know

i know the problems with behringer, had a couple of stomp boxes and a 'Ultrabass 300w amp before and all were unsatisfactory to say the least! The behringer fcb 1010 seems brilliant tho and is getting great reviews. i want to be able to use it for controlling effects when recording guitar. I'd like to be able to use it live at some point aswel but that will take a good bit of learning i think.

ive settled for the m-audio fast track pro afor my interface as ive learnt it is vista compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭6stringmaniac

I have vista and the Tascam US122l sounds perfect for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

You can't really go too far wrong with the Korg Nano Kontrollers if you're on a budget. The keyboard one is supposed to be a bit flimsy but the other two are perfect for ableton. £50 too, great price. Probs get it for 60 or 70 in Xmusic maybe?

/EDIT here's a link http://www.korg.co.uk/products/software_controllers/nano/sc_nano.asp

Advertisement