Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Paddy Power Account - Should I?

Options
  • 28-01-2009 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone here has a Paddy Power online account and if they'd reccomend/tell people to stay away. I'm looking for a bookmakers to open an online account with - not Betfair. I'm just want to bet small - I know the argument that I won't make money on it - on soccer, rugby, US Sports, motorsport... I'd also be willing to go to another bookies if there was a good sign up deal. However, one of my priorities is somewhere that I could easily withdraw cash back onto my credit card with, which is why I don't want to do Betfair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

If you are only betting to small stakes then sign up to anybody reputable. I never had any probs withdrawing from betfair and everybody should have an account. If you are looking to build a bankroll you should join as many sites as possible, avail of their bonuses, trade off the result on an exchange and bingo there's your new bankroll.

as far as paddypower are concerned, yes they are reliable like many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mitsubishi

Look for special offfers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Have a Paddy P on line account - they are excellent - important not to get carried away though.

Basically you deposit a certain amount and use that as stake money until it runs out.

Web site is well constructed and easy to figure out - I use it mainly for Golf betting and limit myself to about €50 a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

yep have to agree PP is the only one for me!!:D the site is very user friendly as opposed to betfair IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

List your priorities in order and people can then make recomendations based on their own experience. Is ease of deposit/withdrawal your sole basis in choosing a bookmaker?

fatgav wrote: »
    Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone here has a Paddy Power online account and if they'd reccomend/tell people to stay away. I'm looking for a bookmakers to open an online account with - not Betfair. I'm just want to bet small - I know the argument that I won't make money on it - on soccer, rugby, US Sports, motorsport... I'd also be willing to go to another bookies if there was a good sign up deal. However, one of my priorities is somewhere that I could easily withdraw cash back onto my credit card with, which is why I don't want to do Betfair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

From my experience PP will either send you a cheque or lodge winnings back to your credit card account.

You cannot withdraw winnings at a PP bookie office.

I believe Boylesports or Bruce Betting pay online winnings in their offices .
    May be worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭k101

paddy power are good for recreational punters but if you are a serious punter who wins money your maximum stake gets limited to a few euros fairly quickly. Then you will need to open accoiunts in friends/ family members names

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

thanks for the replies guys.

just to elaborate - i have a betfair account but it's awkward ot withdraw cash onto my credit card, because my it is a non-UK mastercard. that's why, now that my (thankfully not very big) initial stake is all but out, i'm looking at starting an account elsewhere.

As for my priorities...

I'm not a serious gambler, but if i win i want to get access to my money, obviously. I want as low a commission as possible. I would like a special offer if I can get one. Value's important, of course, but I realise there's much of a muchness from one bookie to another. I want to be able to bet in running online, relatviely easily, and on as many sporting events as possible. I like US sports for example so baseball, NFL and basketball all interest me but I'd also bet on soccer, GAA, rugby, golf, motorsport... wherever I see a bet I like.

Where should I go?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

fatgav wrote: »
    thanks for the replies guys.

just to elaborate - i have a betfair account but it's awkward ot withdraw cash onto my credit card, because my it is a non-UK mastercard. that's why, now that my (thankfully not very big) initial stake is all but out, i'm looking at starting an account elsewhere.

As for my priorities...

I'm not a serious gambler, but if i win i want to get access to my money, obviously. I want as low a commission as possible. I would like a special offer if I can get one. Value's important, of course, but I realise there's much of a muchness from one bookie to another. I want to be able to bet in running online, relatviely easily, and on as many sporting events as possible. I like US sports for example so baseball, NFL and basketball all interest me but I'd also bet on soccer, GAA, rugby, golf, motorsport... wherever I see a bet I like.

Where should I go?

It sounds like pp's would be your best bet. However, just to warn you, you cannot withdraw from pp's onto an Irish mastercard. I get cheques sent instead on the odd occasion that i do withdraw!! If you deposit by laser you can also withdraw back onto that. You can lodge money in any shop to your account and i guess they are as bettor friendly as any of the others. I bet on US sports a bit too and they always have decent markets for baseball and american football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

PP is fine for me... Withdrawing is a simple process, but it takes about 4/5 days before it reaches your account.

The site's easy to use, etc. I'm often jealous when f*ckers get better odds on Betfair, but I'm not arsed figuring out how to use that site :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

1. Set up a Moneybookers account.

2. Fund it via your bank account.

3. Open account with PinnacleSports. Excellent prices and their withdrawals to Moneybookers take about two minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Trampas

I use Bet365 mostly now.

They offer a bigger market and let you adjust some bets which others don't.

seem to also slightly better odds compared to the rest.

Which can help find holes in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,433 ✭✭✭✭cson

To be honest if its the ease of deposit/withdrawal you're looking for, then I'd suggest you get a laser card to use with PP/Betfair/etc. Far and away the most convienent way to handle online transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,361 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

cson wrote: »
    To be honest if its the ease of deposit/withdrawal you're looking for, then I'd suggest you get a laser card to use with PP/Betfair/etc. Far and away the most convienent way to handle online transactions.

+1 to Laser.

The only way to go. I personnally wouldnt use a credit card with online bookies. Way too dangerous !:D

Advertisement