Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much winnings

Options
  • 28-01-2009 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

Have been asked to find out how much one should get for a €30ew double on a 11/1 winner and a 5/1 2nd. wish i had it on. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

shiibata wrote: »
    Have been asked to find out how much one should get for a €30ew double on a 11/1 winner and a 5/1 2nd. wish i had it on. thanks

that would depend on whether it was a 1/4 or 1/5 the odds for the place? do you know which?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

€192 assuming the places were paying 1/5. he only gets the e/w.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

corban wrote: »
    that would depend on whether it was a 1/4 or 1/5 the odds for the place? do you know which?

I presume it was the local bookies, they do a 1/4 the odds on all ew.

A few mates in the local on saturday done this bet between them.

€253.12 so

thedini wrote: »
    €253.12 so

roughly what they got alright, as there only use to doing singles, they thought they were getting 30 x 11 plus the 30 x ew then multiplying that by 1/4 of 5/1.. so they were expecting big stuff

• Advertisement

roughly what they got alright, as there only use to doing singles, they thought they were getting 30 x 11 plus the 30 x ew then multiplying that by 1/4 of 5/1.. so they were expecting big stuff
    that would have been nice alright:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

oooh thats harsh... nearly a very nice double.

I assume that if he cant calculate that, he doesnt bet too much... crazy puttin that on, unless he got a tip.

not to make yous sick or anything but he would have won 2500 odd euro for that if theother hada won... :P

neil_hosey wrote: »
    oooh thats harsh... nearly a very nice double.

I assume that if he cant calculate that, he doesnt bet too much... crazy puttin that on, unless he got a tip.

not to make yous sick or anything but he would have won 2500 odd euro for that if theother hada won... :P

group of lads, would only do football accums every weekend, would not go near horses usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

What bookies do 1/4 odds e/w on all races???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 OmarChase

Forky wrote: »
    What bookies do 1/4 odds e/w on all races???

+1

who does this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Nver heard of a bokkies doing 1/4 odds on all races my bet would be that is 1/4 odds on all handicaps

All the bookmakers around where I do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

This highlights why you should never back an e/w double

Back them as singles - eg 30 e/w on the 11-1 shot alone = 500 approx back

Each way accums are the most stupid of all bets

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Warper wrote: »

Each way accums are the most stupid of all bets

:rolleyes:

Advertisement