Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimmer Switches

Options
  • 28-01-2009 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hey everyone,

I want to replace my current light switch with a dimmer switch. This single light switch controls 2 different lights. Will I need to get a single dimmer switch to replace the single light switch or would it be possible to get a double dimmer switch and therefore have seperate control over the 2 lights?

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

You can only use a dimmer on one of those switches. The other will have to be the standard on/off 2-way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 jessie08

There is only 1 switch at present (controlling 2 lights) ??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Ah, sorry, read it wrong. You only need to get one dimmer to control both lights together.

You'd have to run new cable to have control over each light independently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 jessie08

Great thanks !

Advertisement