Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDFRA

Options
  • 28-01-2009 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Anybody here joined up to RDFRA?? was thinking about it myself but not sure if it's worth but then again i found out last year that i wasn't entitled to my grat after doing my ARP's, 1 overnight, 2 wknds and 2 two wk camps and a 1 week camp. i was not a happy chappy in december... and im sure that if i was a member of RDFRA i might have gotten it. So anyone any info and how much does it cost a reservist to join coz i know there is a subscription to be paid ?????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Anybody here joined up to RDFRA?? was thinking about it myself but not sure if it's worth but then again i found out last year that i wasn't entitled to my grat after doing my ARP's, 1 overnight, 2 wknds and 2 two wk camps and a 1 week camp. i was not a happy chappy in december... and im sure that if i was a member of RDFRA i might have gotten it. So anyone any info and how much does it cost a reservist to join coz i know there is a subscription to be paid ?????????

Sorry to hear about your grat. Being a member would not have helped in this situation however. You should speak to your cadre and find out the reason your weren't eligible for gratuity, they are the ones who compile the hours each person has done. RDFRA are in talks with DoD over the issue of reservists who did not get gratuity due to having less than one years service. If there is a resolution I wouldn't say it would be restricted to RDFRA members though.

EDIT - did you make the minimum unpaid training hours? Do you have more than one years service?
    Heres the previous thread on grat payments
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055412302

Your membership subscription is a percentage of your first weeks pay - in fact looking at some payslips I €14.22 on €315 pay as a recruit in '04 but only €11.46 as a corporal last year. Hmmm....good question all right...how much is RDFRA subscription??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

If this topic gets going it could get very "interesting" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

According to RDFRA it's 4.5% of your weekly pay, capped at one week.
    http://www.rdfra.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

OP, if you did enough hours to recieve your grat and fullfilled all necessary criteria, simply put in a Redress of Wrongs.

Did you do your ARP's during a paid camp?

Did you fulfill all necessary parade nights?

Apparently too, the former recruits(now 2*'s), who were in before March of last year should have gotten it, I was not at the meeting that was on in my unit last night for the entire duration, but this is one of the things that was brought up by our RDFRA rep.

From what I am told it all boils down to Chapter 9 of the new arrangement, being made a hames of, it was slapped together and there are a helluva lot of holes in it. (From what I am told)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

Talk to your cadre staff, ask to see a copy of your Man days.

Compare it to your attendance roll/parade states

If your still not happy, arm yourself with your Army Number and Unit Pay Code and call Reserve Pay Section, ask them about gratuity. (but please inform you're superiors you're going to do this)

If there is a definite error in comparison between what your attendance was for the year and what your Cadre Staff has submitted to RDF Pay Section then you have cause for a Redress.

Before you get to that stage go through your chain of command and make you enquiries known. Ask for interviews with your Unit Commanders.

If you feel everyone is giving you a cold shoulder then get the RDFRA involved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭-boris

are recruits eligible to be members of rdfra?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

-boris wrote: »
    are recruits eligible to be members of rdfra?

If they have an Army Number, then yes they are.

Advertisement