Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overactive Thyroid

Options
  • 28-01-2009 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody suffer from this and has it impacted how active they can be?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Does anybody suffer from this and has it impacted how active they can be?

Cheers

I'm currently awaiting the results of test to see if this is what I have.

I seem to go from one extreme to the other - from loads of energy, to absolute lack of energy.

When I am tired, it usually takes me ages to go to sleep because my mind is racing. When I do get to sleep I suffer incredible nightmares and wake up with my heart racing. Which ultimately leads to me being very tired and cranky during the day.

So yes, it does impact how active I am.

It is also hereditary, I am told.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I am in the same boat, waiting to have more blood tests done. I feel like it is not too much to worry about though.

Yes definitly is in the genes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I had it when I was a 4 year old, but I have been told that is unusual. I did not have problems with how active I was but that might have been more with the fact that I was so young when I got it. I do remember feeling my heart beat and not sleeping well but apart from that it did not affect me at the time. My dad got it in his early 20's and had the surgery but I had the tablet treatment.

Advertisement