Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

munich to soll

Options
  • 27-01-2009 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi,
    We are planning to go to Sol in Austria skiing in feb. I beg of anyone that tell what is the best way to get from munich airport to soll. Can only fly to munich and would like to travel by bus or train.
    Many Thanks
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

this is very very easy.....

book train ticket online www.oebb.at (austrian railways)

the nearest train station is Kufstein (sometimes people use Worgl don't listen
    to them, the taxi ride is more expensive and is more suitable for further
    down the ski welt)

Munich Airport - Kufstein takes approx 2hrs depending on the timing of the train, use can prebook at taxi from www.soell.at or just pick one up at
    Kufstein when you arrive, Kufstein to Soll takes approx 20mins in the car.

Note!!! if you're flying back to Cork (early flight back) PREBOOK the taxi
    a day before hand to ensure you make it to Kufstein in time for one
    of the first trains (they run every 30mins or so)

train cost about 20yoyo if i remember rightly

any other questions just ask, accom etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

thanks imposter.....early morning effect;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

How many people are going? You might have enough for a bus transfer? (I think we had about 18 at the time we did ours)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

I'm doing the same trip - Munich to Soll on Feb 28th, looking at a private transfer.
    Is the train just €20 each way?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 bpsod10

Thanks very much guys, as there is only 2 of us going ,we will go the train route.
    Thanks very much as I was looking for ages on the web and couldn;t get this info.

Sound...

Brian

Enjoy, payment is to have a beer for us in the Whiskey Mueller:D

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Yep train is dead easy from Munich - its the best way.

Oh if you are buying in Whiskeys - I will have a Flugel please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 bpsod10

Thanks guys,
    Much appreciated.
    Will try out those watering spots too.

Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 RectalWareZ

headin tomorrow , is there a bus i can get from the train to soll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 choc01

There's also a transfer company called Four Seasons Travel that work out of Munich Airport, they do transfers for individuals or groups to most places in the Austrian Tirol. Its another option for those who want a door to door transfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 RectalWareZ

booked the train, now fingers crossed my flights are not delayed!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

booked the train, now fingers crossed my flights are not delayed!

What were the conditions like? Looking at 20th Feb but might try a sneeky weekend to scope the place out.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Just back from Soll and there was a huge dump(of snow)on wednesday,snowed for nearly 24 hours,great conditions after that.HAdnt snowed since

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭sarsfield06

You can also get a Bayern Card for €28 and can have 5 people travel on it in Bayern Lander all day (Bavaria), note that you can't used the inter city trains. You can buy the card at any station in Bavaria.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

You can also get a Bayern Card for €28 and can have 5 people travel on it in Bayern Lander all day (Bavaria), note that you can't used the inter city trains. You can buy the card at any station in Bavaria.
    Söll is in Austria not Germany/Bayern.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

davmol wrote: »
    Just back from Soll and there was a huge dump(of snow)on wednesday,snowed for nearly 24 hours,great conditions after that.HAdnt snowed since

Any chance of a report here ? Would really appretiate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

hi
    I'm a bit late on this but you can get a tram into munich from the airport but it takes a while. I'm wondering if you might be better off getting a taxi or bus into the railway station so that you might be able to get an earlier train. Make sure that ther train you expect to get is stopping stopping at your station.

Took the airlingus flight from dublin last year and we stayed a night in munich ended up being too hung over to go the next day (great night though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

sheesh wrote: »
    hi
    I'm a bit late on this but you can get a tram into munich from the airport but it takes a while. I'm wondering if you might be better off getting a taxi or bus into the railway station so that you might be able to get an earlier train. Make sure that ther train you expect to get is stopping stopping at your station.

Took the airlingus flight from dublin last year and we stayed a night in munich ended up being too hung over to go the next day (great night though).

You can get the tram to Munchen Ost ( Munich East ) to connect to mainline trains to Austria. If you buy your train ticket straight through to whatever your Austrian destination is at the ticket office in the airport, they will usually use the Munchen Ost connection. Just watch out as the signs at Munchen Ost just read ' Ost'. Sometines if you go into Munich Central, you miss the connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

anymore wrote: »
    You can get the tram to Munchen Ost ( Munich East ) to connect to mainline trains to Austria. If you buy your train ticket straight through to whatever your Austrian destination is at the ticket office in the airport, they will usually use the Munchen Ost connection. Just watch out as the signs at Munchen Ost just read ' Ost'. Sometines if you go into Munich Central, you miss the connection.

ah right. thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Any chance of a report here ? Would really appretiate it.

will get one up soon,had a report written out and my computer crashed so the thoughts of doing it all over again...:mad:.
    Will do it shortly.

Can i just confirm that the airport we're referring to in this thread is Memmingen(the one Ryanair fly to)??Is there a rail station in the airport which connects to Kufstein?finally,how much is the taxi approx from Kufstein to Soll?thanks a mill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

anymore wrote: »
    Afraid my post refers to Aer Lingus's main Munich Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

You could get the Bayern Lander-ticket and either get out at Kiefersfelden and grab a taxi from there, or get an extension from Kiefersfelden to Kufstein (which is 1,40). And then get a taxi from Kufstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Frankly frank

Anyone been to Czech Republic skiing ? Reports?

Advertisement