Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excessive fine?

Options
  • 27-01-2009 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

Im really worried about this so I hope someone can help me.

I was caught speeding in my work car by the gatso van on the Red Cow Road (85 in 60 zone). Work gave the address they have on file for me which is the house I rent. When the tennants gave me the post that gathers there the fine was in it so when I went to pay it, it was over the 58 days so it was refused I kept the receipt as proof I made the effort knowing I would be summoned for a court apperence. So the summons came to the rented house and today I was in court for 11 am. When I got to court 51 thinking I was there at eleven on the dot I was unaware the second name called was me. As the court went on I was more and more concerned and a dead sound garda approached the clerk who said I was fined 600 euro in my absence! Now I was advised to appeal that as the garda said I have a strong case.

I have the proof I tried to pay and proof of the other address.

Should I appeal? In the court today the only person who got the same fine was a 100km in a 60, so how is this the standard fine? The extra points are an even bigger worry as I am rep on the road!

Help appreciated :)

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,715 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

No legal advice. Please read the forum charter and stickies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement