Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National student archery championship IT Carlow 7th February

Options
  • 27-01-2009 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi All,

Here are the details of the National student archery championships which will be held in IT Carlow on the 7th of February.

There will be no team prizes at this, this will be an individual competiton run on a head to head basis. Individual scores or team scores will not count towards the IV league.

There will be five categories:
    1) Recurve Advanced - 40cm face or 20cm 3 spot
    2) Recurve Beginner - 60cm face
    3) Barebow Advanced - 40cm face or 20cm 3 spot
    4) Barebow Beginner - 60cm face
    5) Compound - 20cm 3 spot

Archers will shoot a 30 arrow qualification in the morning, early group first at 10am followed by the late group at 11.30am. The top 32 in each section will advance to the knockout stage in the afternoon. In the knockout stage each archer will be ranked based on their score in the morning, 1st will shoot off against 32nd, 2nd against 31st etc. with the winner advancing to the next round. Each match will be 12 arrows with a 1 arrow shoot off used in tied matches.

In the compound and beginner barebow section if there are 6 or less archers the head to head section will be a round robin with each archer shooting off against each other scoring 3 poins for a win with the top two shooting off for gold and silver.

There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each section

This will be a longer competition so because of this the shoot will start earlier than usual and breaks will be shorter because of time constraints.

Group 1: Starting at 10am IT Carlow, UCD, DCU, DIT, RCSI

Group 2 Starting at 11:30am UL, GMIT, NUIG, NUIM, DKIT

Each college will be limited to 10 places. More places may be available if some colleges dont use their full quota.

Due to extra costs for prizes and extra faces the price per archer for this tournament will be €10.

Could all colleges please email me as soon as possible with entries please. The earlier I know how many are in each category the easier it will make it for structuring the head to head rounds.

hope to see you all in February

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭span

If someone has a contact for DKIT and DIT could they PM them to me please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 swoo

well......howdy there, the contacts for DKIT are Barry Faulkner and Tara Purcell..........contact via swoo pm..............:)

I've only got 2 team lists GMIT and UCD

Could the rest of you hurry up!!!!! I need the lists to work out the schedule for the knockout stage.

Come on guys....Still waiting on UL, NUIG, NUIM, RCSI and DKIT

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

NUIG put the team in y.day morning - I'll PM it just in case there was a ......... I donno ............. a sun flare or something :D

• Advertisement

I got it this morning mac.

Just waiting on DKIT NUIM and RCSI now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭lilRedSmurf

Hi!

If its ok with you guys I'm bringing down some of my natural skincare products and I'll have valentines gift baskets made to order on the day for all those lazy last minute shopper archers... you know who you are....!

V

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 swoo

Hi!

Sorry about the delay in getting back with names for the 7th in Carlow but once again we are unable to send a team for this comp. we are hoping to have our situation sorted in the verry near future.......again sorry.......Tara Dkit.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Well done lads on another well run shoot.

For my tupence, I reckon the 30 arrow qualifier is a far more managable format then the 60. Easier on everyone.

Well done!

Advertisement