Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are motorhomes overpriced right now?

Options
  • 27-01-2009 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

With the arse gone outta the car market, it looks like some vendors of campers are holding for top dollar on some of their campers.
    DoneDeal is full of vans right now, but my question is "are they overpriced in the current economic enviroment"?

Rgds,

NIF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

I believe their second hand prices have dropped quite considerably in the last twelve months. However unlike cars their isn't a huge glut of them on the irish market and there are still newbies looking for a good clean one. It really depends on what you want , as you can buy from 5k to 50k and at the end of the day you're still sleeping in a van. However the more expensive ones may be worth it if you intend spending a lot of time in them.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

They've always been overpriced in this country and for that reason people have been going abroad to make their purchases. Prices are slowly dropping but have a bit more to drop.
    I've been watching a particular MH on one website that's for sale for the past 3yrs, It's dropped from €28k and currently €22.5k, I sold mine 3yrs ago for €18k, same make,model,year with half the milage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Most definetly are and always have been over priced in this country,
    But i reckon if we hold out they will drop as the car industry has just in the last 2/3 weeks started to wake up and bite the bullet,the camper dealers will have to do the same,it just depends on how long they can hold out for and how they are financially.I know they havnt dropped to my price bracket yet.But i still think sooner or later they will end up in the auctions if they dont drop to a more realistic affordable price for the Joe soaps like myself...

Advertisement