Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community Parenting Support Programme

Options
  • 27-01-2009 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

We're expecting our first in 3 weeks time and just wondering about this scheme? When we go for our ante-natal check-ups in Dundalk there's always a woman giving out these leaflets to the mums-to-be.

We have been umming and ahing about whether to sign up or not. My wife says she'd rather not have outsiders interfering but, since we don't have much of a support network, I'm starting to think it would be very useful to have somebody who can advise us through the early stages and beyond, when we have to start thinking about schools etc.

Anybody with any experience of this scheme? (Looking at the leaftlet, it may just be a local one)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

If your DW is uncomfortable with it hold off for now.

I always found my PHN to be great so you can ask there and if its your first child then you will have quite a bit of contact with your PHN. They really have a wealth of knowledge and thats what they are there for :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

whats the community parenting support programme?

Advertisement