Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Norn Iron (and plastic)

Options
  • 27-01-2009 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Anyone driving about in a Clan (the Clan Crusader revival from Newtownards)? I think I saw at least one (white one) in Dublin in the 80's and they don't rust...

I'm not really in the market but I was exercising my brain recently for interesting 80's cars with sub-1 litre engines. I understand there was a factory complete version as well as the kits.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

wasnt their a detomaso mini kit cars... sub 1 liter with riber glass panels... or was the the race spec ?

would be pretyy niffty to find one, worth nothing due to lack of fame to resto...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Ballykine43

Anyone driving about in a Clan (the Clan Crusader revival from Newtownards)? I think I saw at least one (white one) in Dublin in the 80's and they don't rust...

I'm not really in the market but I was exercising my brain recently for interesting 80's cars with sub-1 litre engines. I understand there was a factory complete version as well as the kits.

See http://www.clanownersclub.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dirty-Old-Man

I've seen the owners club site, know they exist but wondered if anyone on boards knew of one running around Dublin.

It was an original design from a group of ex Lotus engineers, built for a while as a factory car, then as a kit during the 70's and revived in the 80's with a minor restyle in the North, at a time when they were giving out grants to every manufacturer who'd chance it. Top spec was a 998cc imp sport engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 patrickg293

im currently n the process in reatoring a clan crusader, its a lovely lookin car but due to no work i have to sell it

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

Hi,

put up a few pics of your Clan restoration project. Always liked those little cars. The marque has a very interesting history.

• Advertisement

theres the car, its a work in progress, every panel is custom even the roof, carbon fibre arches, manta style bonnet, rear spoiler, rear windows deleted, extra engine scoopos in rear three quarter and rear windows, custom headlights, custom rear lights, full rollcage, coilovers, and a load other stuff cant think of, loads of history with it

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

Certainly a custom build alright. What plates and original registration details is it carrying ?

its on its english plates, it has documents such as its log book from wen it was raced etc

Advertisement