Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Center Question

Options
  • 27-01-2009 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

I'm just wondering what are those weird looking things on the floor of the IT center? They look like some kind of air conditioning units and have some sort of cord coming out of the side but I dare not go near them.

Anyone have any ideas? :o
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

AH?
    Pic or a better description?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Mikosyko wrote: »
    I'm just wondering what are those weird looking things on the floor of the IT center? They look like some kind of air conditioning units and have some sort of cord coming out of the side but I dare not go near them.

Anyone have any ideas? :o

Damn it!
    I was thinking the same thing today.

They are hemispherical grates with white wires coming out of them

My first theory was that they were some locking mechanism for the desktops, but they are placed fairly randomly, to the point where you could trip over them

Ill try and take a pic tomorrow because this is really bugging me

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

I've just discreetly taken a picture of one of them now :P I'll upload it later! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

2dv2zox.jpg

141pe87.jpg

j7vwbq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

:pac::D:D

You actually took a pic.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

They are part of the air conditioning. They release air when it becomes too warm. The wires are to monitor the temperature.
    It's great because it used to be always warm are stuffy in the I.T centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

They are part of the air conditioning. They release air when it becomes too warm. The wires are to monitor the temperature.
    It's great because it used to be always warm are stuffy in the I.T centre.

Cheers for that
    I wasn't sure about it but after some searching they look about right. They already have some underfloor conditioning by the windows but its obviously not enough
    Still though, I don't understand why they couldn't get flat ones, I know im nitpicking but I think they are really badly placed and some ones bound to fall on their arse

Advertisement