Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

energy saving bulbs Q

Options
  • 27-01-2009 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

In my rented dwelling, almost all the lights are those ceiling lights that are inset into the ceiling, I'm not sure what they are called... Spot Lights? But the bulbs are the screw-in variety.
    I don't know how energy efficient they are, but i was wondering is there a more energy efficient replacement since there are quite a few of them, probably 12 total.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

RedPlanet wrote: »
    In my rented dwelling, almost all the lights are those ceiling lights that are inset into the ceiling, I'm not sure what they are called... Spot Lights? But the bulbs are the screw-in variety.
    I don't know how energy efficient they are, but i was wondering is there a more energy efficient replacement since there are quite a few of them, probably 12 total.

They're quite probably 50W spots. So you could easily be consuming 500W when they're all on ... i.e. have them on 2 hours a day, 365 days a year works out as 438kWh per year .... about €70 per year! :eek:

Some folk have recommended the Megaman GU10 ... they use nearly a 1/6th of the energy.

Advertisement