Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

William Shakespeare Complete Works (Hardback) [€15.99@TheBookPeople]

Options
  • 27-01-2009 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Link here. Try the code 187FREE for free delivery, can't guarantee it though.

WKH.jpg
    This is the first and only edition to be developed by and for the Royal Shakespeare Company, the world's leading Shakespeare theatre company. It is illustrated with photographs of performances chosen by RSC Directors. It is beautifully packaged, with clear, reader-friendly single-column page design on crisp white paper. It features outstanding on-page notes which explain words and phrases unfamiliar to a modern audience, including the slang, political references and bawdy humour often ignored or censored in competing editions. It is a definitive modern-spelling edition of Shakespeare's text based on the 1623 First Folio. It is suitable for undergraduates or A-level students of Literature or Drama; lecturers or teachers of Literature or Drama.It is also suitable as birthday, christmas, wedding or graduation gifts. It is useful in Public Libraries, Academic Libraries, School Libraries.Developed in partnership with The Royal Shakespeare Company, this fresh new Complete Works combines the very latest scholarship with elegant writing and design. Leading the editorial team is renowned Shakespearean scholar Professor Jonathan Bate who has worked in close collaboration over many years with the artists and archivists at the RSC. His introductions and notes draw on a unique wealth of experience and resources and will help the reader to understand Shakespeare's plays as they were originally intended - as living theatre to be enjoyed and performed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I was going to buy this but given the fact that they are using an exchange rate of £1 = €2 (£7.99 apparently equals €15.99) I am going to skip it :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

seriously talk about ripping people off

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

I still think it was a good price. Ordered two, the code worked for me so got free shipping. Thanks Ruu!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

last time I ordered something from this site ,the order was delivered in a huge box ,easily costing €8 to deliver.

This is a bargain given you get €8 off the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I was going to buy this but given the fact that they are using an exchange rate of £1 = €2 (£7.99 apparently equals €15.99) I am going to skip it :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

It's GBP 25 on Amazon, EUR 27.80 on Eason's website, before delivery, so it's still a good deal.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I wondered what their opinion on the subject was:
    We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience or confusion that might have arisen out of our pricing policy in the Republic of Ireland. The prices offered in mainland Britain reflect the much greater population density and lower mailing costs, therefore we are able to pass these savings directly on to those customers. The discounts offered in Republic of Ireland remain incredibly competitive and we are very keen that customers in the Republic of Ireland are not disadvantaged by not being offered our mail order service at all.

If you have any further enquiries regarding this matter please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Charlotte Sinclair
    Customer Service Manager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

They're a good company ,they rang my mobile about an order before a christmas.
    Really friendly girl on the phone ,making sure everything was alright.
    That was for a fairly small order with free delivery aswell ,so they seem genuine about irish customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Thanks Ruu, ordered and got free delivery.

MC

Advertisement