Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Small 3 seater van ?

Options
  • 27-01-2009 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

hey i'm never in here, i'm in the market for a van, as small as possible cause i dont really need that much carrying space but it would need 3 seats in the front, driver and 2 passengers, can anyone tell me some makes and models of such a van if there is such a thing, i'm pretty sure i saw a few before but cant remember, any help is much appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

New or 2nd hand?. Not sure off hand but I think the only small van that has 3 seats is the new partner . Other than that your looking at bigger vans like the Expert/Dispatch/Trafic/Transit/Transporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Peugeot Partner, Fiat Scudo and Citroen Dispatch are pretty much the same van, made in the same factory if I'm not mistaken. I had a Fiat Scudo for a few years and found it excellent,very reliable and very economical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

stapeler wrote: »
    Peugeot Partner, Fiat Scudo and Citroen Dispatch are pretty much the same van, made in the same factory if I'm not mistaken. I had a Fiat Scudo for a few years and found it excellent,very reliable and very economical.

The Partner only has 2 seats.
    The Peugeot Expert has three afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Qwerty? wrote: »
    The Partner only has 2 seats.
    The Peugeot Expert has three afaik.

Oops, Yep it's the Expert with 3 seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭leon8v

The New model Berlingo has the option of 3 front seats, so I would say the Partner does too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

yea probably be second hand i'd say

thanks for all your help

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

stapeler wrote: »

The Scudo and Dispatch are the same as the Peugeot Expert, which the a size up from the Partner.

The new partner is available with 3 seats though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Stekelly wrote: »
    The Scudo and Dispatch are the same as the Peugeot Expert, which the a size up from the Partner.

The new partner is available with 3 seats though.

The scudo has a different engine to the expert/dispatch.
    Whichever one you go for, try to get a Turbo diesel version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lucyislay

No body has mentioned the mercedes vito which is reasonably small and has 3 seats and is probably a better van than the french made ones

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

lucyislay wrote: »
    No body has mentioned the mercedes vito which is reasonably small and has 3 seats and is probably a better van than the french made ones
    the merc vito has the WORST gearbox of any van i've ever driven and that includes the Fiat Ducato!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement