Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help finding ps2 poker games for 2 players

Options
  • 26-01-2009 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

hi guys , does any know where i could buy a poker game for the ps2, for my boyfriend, its a surpise, does any one know if there is one for 2 players, or more, please help i dont know much about this.:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I don't, but I also don't think your boyfriend will appreciate this the way you're imagining. My recommendation would be to come up with something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭heavymetalrock

but he is into poker, and loves playing it

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

Dont get him a poker game, he'd prefer a ps3

but he is into poker, and loves playing it

Yes, but poker is a gambling game at heart, or at the very least sitting around with your friends drinking beer. Trust me, he'll play it once and you'll never see it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

I could be wrong, but I think they'd all be one player games. Difficult to hide your cards when your playing on one screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

poker doesnt translate well to a computer game. for one reason, theres no need. its popular as it is. if he really loves poker, get him some books on it, he'll appreciate it a lot more. but dont buy just any book, get some of the guys here to recommend some.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

My girlfriend got some poker related presents for me for Christmas. I broke up with her soon after. Let that be a warning to you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

AdMMM wrote: »
    My girlfriend got some poker related presents for me for Christmas. I broke up with her soon after. Let that be a warning to you!!
    Prey tell, what were they? I know myself, I've more decks of cards than I'll ever use. And books, I've most that I want.
    I'd still like the odd poker/gambling related t-shirt though.
    Just curious.

im gonna guess... card shuffler, chips, decks of cards, and maybe a fold out table top....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Ah yes,a set of chips,the most useless gift for any poker player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

lmao

You bunch of ungrateful whingers!

Whatever happened to.. "It's the thought that counts!?"

Having said that, the guys do have a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

I could be wrong, but I think they'd all be one player games. Difficult to hide your cards when your playing on one screen.

This
    zuroph wrote:
    poker doesnt translate well to a computer game. for one reason, theres no need. its popular as it is. if he really loves poker, get him some books on it, he'll appreciate it a lot more. but dont buy just any book, get some of the guys here to recommend some.

This
    Prey tell, what were they? I know myself, I've more decks of cards than I'll ever use. And books, I've most that I want.
    I'd still like the odd poker/gambling related t-shirt though.
    Just curious.

minizoom.jpg

http://www.threadless.com/product/788/Poker_Hand_Values

nice one here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭adzer86

My mate got this poker game and it was the greatest load of balls ever. It was so bad that when we came round to try it he told us that we are just gonna play the real thing because he had turned it on earlier and it stunk soooo badly.
    Get either a dvd set of the WSOP 08, poker T-shirts (not the gammy ones you get from the pokerstars or full tilt, if it doesnt have your name stitched on you look like a muppa imo) or some reading material

My gf got me a poker t-shirt saying PA- Poker Anonymous "I bet I can Quit" which i liked so id go with something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

Bobbofitos has a new DVD out for cashgames that is pretty good from what I can gather.

http://www.expertholdem.com/dvds.html#bobbo

If your bf just plays tournaments and sit-and-go's then I'd recommend the harrington on holdem series.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw_0_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=harrington+on+holdem&sprefix=harrington

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

A stake would be a great gift, but may lead to some problems down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Steak and blowjob imo.

Failing that, I remember getting some silly poker game for the ps2 there off some relative ages ago. You are more than welcome to have it, Im pretty sure its only one player though.

pretty much all of this girls posts start with "does anyone.." :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

zuroph wrote: »

I quite like venison :D

Steak and blowjob imo.

Failing that, I remember getting some silly poker game for the ps2 there off some relative ages ago. You are more than welcome to have it, Im pretty sure its only one player though.

if u dont mind, i would love it, thanks, could u pm me?

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »

DOES ANYONE......... know what his point is?:P

Not bad Theresalwaysone. One little post and you're getting steak and a blowjob.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Winnnnnnnnar!!!!

HeavyMetalWhateveryournameis, PM me, Im too lazy

Advertisement