Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The culture show

Options
  • 26-01-2009 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hey i was just wondering did anybody see the latest episode and if so do they remember the name of the Musician/band that they had on? The guy was from New York i think and was billed as the best guitarist from there. The song they played was amazing so im looking to get an album. Any help would be great, i cant find it on theor website or blog.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Culture? We don't like your type around here...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

great show that, lauren lavern hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Hey i was just wondering did anybody see the latest episode and if so do they remember the name of the Musician/band that they had on? The guy was from New York i think and was billed as the best guitarist from there. The song they played was amazing so im looking to get an album. Any help would be great, i cant find it on theor website or blog.
    I can see why you didn't find any info, the 19th episode of the series (shown on the 6th of January) is a Motown special BUT when I looked under the Music heading of the main Culture show site it lists Antony and the Johnsons as having been on the 19th episode broadcast on the 16th (typo maybe?).

In conclusion I believe the answer you are looking for is Antony Hegarty of Antony and the Johnsons who appeared in the mianstream upto 4 years ago I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭IpreDictDeatH

Irish Halo wrote: »
    I can see why you didn't find any info, the 19th episode of the series (shown on the 6th of January) is a Motown special BUT when I looked under the Music heading of the main Culture show site it lists Antony and the Johnsons as having been on the 19th episode broadcast on the 16th (typo maybe?).

In conclusion I believe the answer you are looking for is Antony Hegarty of Antony and the Johnsons who appeared in the mianstream upto 4 years ago I think.

No it isnt Anthony and the Johnsons because im aware of them already and have a few of his albums. I think this was the episode after the one Anthony and the Johnsons were on. It was this episode http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00h5hz1 but it doesnt have the name of the band anywhere, it doesnt even mention them actually, maybe it was a dream:cool:?

Advertisement