Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know anyone living in Spain?

Options
  • 26-01-2009 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Bit of a long shot….but as they say,if you don’t ask you don’t get.

Does anybody know anyone living in a Spanish city or town?Well…a Spanish city that’s not Madrid,Barcelona or Valencia.

Im about to return to Spain.I had been living there for four years and came back to Ireland in September for a couple of months.During my move I lost both my NIE number and my social security number.
    I imagined it would have been a simple process to get these numbers again but have since found out that I must go through the whole application rigmarole again.
    It’s a very simple thing to do.
    The trouble is that it can take up to a month to get your numbers issued in Madrid or Barcelona.This is down to the large volume of applicants.
    In Seville,for example, the documentation will be issued by lunchtime on the day you apply.
    As you might imagine,I don’t want to spend a month waiting for these documents as it will mean I cant get a job until they are issued.I cant afford a month of waiting around.
    So,Id like to ask anyone out there if they know anyone living in a smaller city or town that could help me.
    Its not a big deal,all I would need is the use of their address.I need the address to put on my application form before bringing it to the local police.If the documents were not issued on the same day,a letter would be sent to the address informing me when they could be picked up.It has to be a local address,you cannot apply in say….Santander with an address in Madrid.
    I understand a request like this might cause some people to become suspicious-some guy they have never met asking for an address but I assure you that myself and my plea are genuine.I am willing to meet anyone to talk about this before any details are exchanged.
    I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO STAY.If it was a case that the documents took a week to process,I would be returning to Madrid and would keep in contact by telephone to know when the letter arrives.
    I hope I have made myself clear.I would ideally like to be put in contact with someone who lives in a smaller city.Valencia is probably the same as Barcelona or Madrid,so cities like Bilbao,Santander,Toledo,Murcia,Castellon or smaller towns would be great.
    This is my last chance saloon before resigning myself to applying in Madrid and putting myself through the long wait.Everyone I know over there lives in either Barcelona or Madrid so that option was tried.Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

yeah i do, well did but sadly he's dead now. was shot at the weekend.

Advertisement