Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Graduate in limbo!

Options
  • 26-01-2009 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

First of all, i didnt know whether to post this in this forum or work&jobs - so mods feel free to move.
    Rite so i have a 2(1) law degree and have been trying to get some FE1s under my belt and i am due to sit 4 in March/April. Ok, so the problem is several friends have just qualified and, as i am sure your guys know, there is no work out there at the moment.
    So, my question is, or request for advise more like, what should i do? I was considering doing a masters but not sure if my 2(1) will be good enough for any good courses. I am 25 so will be able to apply as mature student. Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinnyryan

Irish University Masters in law related disciplines are worthwhile but like many courses (depending on the area) the return can be limited in terms of what you will learn. Look good on the CV though and you might even get a few FE1's done during them on of how successful you are in March/april. Also gives you something to do in midst of this recession. UCD and Trinity for me are the better ones but thats only my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Chhers for the reply. Yeah i think it would look good on my CV alright. Well i definately need something other than just a law degree! UCD and Trinity would be my first choice alright - i may look into their courses. Has anyone here done law related masters in either?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

I was considering doing a masters but not sure if my 2(1) will be good enough for any good courses.

As far as I know the LLM in UCD and the taught and research masters in Trinity only require a 2(1) for entry.

Advertisement