Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Substitute teachers..much work available since january?

Options
  • 26-01-2009 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

certainly not in my case..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Well teachers are still gonna be sick and it is my experience that rather than take 1/2 uncertified days they may take up to a week since they have to get a cert anyways.. Depends though, you can get lots of calls one week and none the next. That's subbing for you though!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

I'm doing the dip and I was getting a few hours supervising nearly every week. Not one class since Christmas.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

I got two offers to teach since January, both of which I had to decline as I'm doing my TEFL course all this month. There'll probably be nothing from 1 February.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 carl-sagan

yeah how is the tefl course , am considering it myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

I'm doing the dip and I was getting a few hours supervising nearly every week. Not one class since Christmas.:(
    Have to take that back. Got ONE class today...

• Advertisement
Advertisement