Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Abroad with a Dog

Options
  • 26-01-2009 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi

My partner and I are leaving the country very soon. We've got our dog chipped and modded and whatever else was required so that we could bring her from Ireland to Germany, only the airlines don't want to know about it.

She's only a small thing (75cm from nose to arse and 52cm from paw to head)
    Anyone know of the easiest (& cheapest) way to basically get our dog out of the country? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Can you drive her over?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

There's a woman called Bea over on http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/ I'm pretty sure she transports to Germany as she is German and rehomes some of her dogs there and I know she does tranport runs to the mainland for other rescues. Might be worth getting onto her, her username on the board is Bea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 TheDudeAbides

Can you drive her over?

Nope, floggin' the car. (btw - you wanna buy a car?)

Besides, I don't fancy paying an arm and a leg for a ferry then driving half-way across Europe.

Kildara, thanks for the tip, awaiting the admin to approve me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I can vouch for Bea. Whenever I sent dogs to the UK I book them in with Bea. Her dogs are her priority, she has no partition between herself and the dogs in the van and she would never dope a dog or accept a doped/sick dog for transport. I've got a GH waiting to go to a home in Germany and so far no transport to Germany is in the cards. I can pm you her contact details, if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 TheDudeAbides

please do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Surprised at the airlines; we brought a cat over.. Thought as long as it was in a proper air module it was OK. She travelled in the hold of course...... she was fine.

Advertisement