Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did RTE mess-up? (spoilers).

Options
  • 26-01-2009 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,347 ✭✭✭✭

Watching on RTE last night, and I'm wondering if they chopped a bit at the start of the 2nd episode.

Basically want to know if when it was shown in the States if they were 2 different episodes.

RTE went straight from what looked like the end of episode1 (the Des/Daniel/Penny stuff) into what looked like the start of ep2 (a 3 years ago scene where Jack/Kate/Hurley etc discuss The Lie). (I'm guessing where the eps ended/started by the way).

I watched about 10 minutes of this before going to bed and there was no sign of opening credits, so it looked as if RTE might have chopped off the opening credits to make it look like a feature length ep?

Apols if this has been discussed in either of the Season 5 ep threads, but scared to read them til I've finished episode 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

I thought it was strage too. There was defo no opening credits for the second show. And acording to the guide it wasnt ment to finish until 10.50 and finished at 10.42 thats one long ad break until the next show.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,397 ✭✭✭✭Penn

yeah they just cut the "Previously on Lost..." bit from the beginning of the second episode and had it all run continuous. Although they probably didnt think it would matter, the "Previously on Lost.." thing normally shows bits you may have forgotten about from previous seasons which may be important. Although I dont think it mattered for the second episode too much, so I dont think anything important was missed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,347 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Cheers, thought thats what happened.
    There is often a lot happens during the credit sequence as it takes about 90 seconds and the action/dialogue continues regardless.
    Fools did the same for the original pilot episode iirc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The opening credits in 5x02 played over:
    Bernard trying to light a fire on the beach; Sawyer getting a shirt and going to talk to Juliet; Daniel returning from the jungle.

(This took place after the Hurley flashback/chase sequence.)

Did RTE cut this whole scene out? Or was there just no credits over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,347 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

The opening credits in 5x02 played over:
    Bernard trying to light a fire on the beach; Sawyer getting a shirt and going to talk to Juliet; Daniel returning from the jungle.

(This took place after the Hurley flashback/chase sequence.)

Did RTE cut this whole scene out? Or was there just no credits over it?

Cheers for that.
    They definitely showed those scenes, so it looks as it they maybe just had a version without the text on screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭barrera

Cheers for that.
    They definitely showed those scenes, so it looks as it they maybe just had a version without the text on screen.

No, I think they were in episode 1, and they were the "previouslys" that weren't re-broadcast at the start of episode 2.

RTE shouldn't be messing around with things though, the previouslys can, as stated..emmmm...previously :D remind you of things from way back that will be referenced during the show.

Still, they've come along way from their infamous gaffe many years ago with Moonlighting, where the 4-part "will they or won't they" series finale was broadcast episode 2, 3, 1, 4 by RTE. Hope that doesn't count as a spoiler... :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There was no "previously on lost" segment in 5x02. Not in the ABC broadcast anyway. So the only things cut from the RTE version was the closing credits of 5x01 and the "BOOM-Lost" title screen from 5x02.

Advertisement