Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Targa Notebook problem

Options
  • 26-01-2009 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,
    I have a problem with a Targa Traveller 811 notebook. One evening when I was using it off the battery, a battery low message came up on the screen.I plugged in the power supply to it and the notebook went dead. The Power Supply itself started making a pulsing sound and the led on it only partially lit with each pulse.
    I removed the battery and hard drive and still have the same problem. I checked the notebook with a different power supply and it looks like there is a short somewhere on the notebook (current reading went up sharply as I increased the voltage to 19volts)

Has anyone else seen this problem or maybe someone could recommend somewhere to repair it in Dublin please. I checked Targa itself and it is out of warranty. They recommended trying to get it fixed here rather than sending it to them.

Thanks,
    Rooskey

Advertisement