Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strange issue. No dialog box opening when pressing 'Browse button'

Options
  • 26-01-2009 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

I'm having a very strange issue with my Macbook at the moment.

I want to upload some files to a website. I click on the 'Browse' button on the webpage that is supposed to open up a dialog box so I can navigate to the file I want. The problem is the dialog box is not opening and there is no error message.

It was working perfectly fine the other day and always was but over the weekend it just stopped. It is the same in Firefox and Safari.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

I'm having a very strange issue with my Macbook at the moment.

I want to upload some files to a website. I click on the 'Browse' button on the webpage that is supposed to open up a dialog box so I can navigate to the file I want. The problem is the dialog box is not opening and there is no error message.

It was working perfectly fine the other day and always was but over the weekend it just stopped. It is the same in Firefox and Safari.

Any suggestions?

Aside from updating Java which is unlikely, assuming that your web browsing onto other sites is fine then it may be the website you are trying to add to. Can you add avatars etc to other sites (Like even here)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I can upload to any other sites, including here. The owner of the other site assures me that nothing has changed on his site.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

Try using another browser (Firefox...??).... if not that then maybe try deleting the cookies associated with the site you want to upload stuff to. Other than that you could go to the extent of setting up a new system account and trying it with that...????

Rats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I think I solved it. I have Flash v.10 on my Macbook which seems to conflict with sites running on Joomla like the one I'm trying to upload too.

Advertisement