Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery tracking/recording

Options
  • 26-01-2009 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if there is an open source software like this.

I need to be able to enter a delivery and that info be put on a page and print off a delivery docket that look nice, The info will be stored in 1 line of text nothing fancy like

I was trying to do this in Access, But i'm not good at it at all and it was wrecking my head.

If anyone has any ideas it would be great

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

So you just need the delivery note, but no order or invoice or anything else?
    Why not just create a Template Document in open office and when making a delivery, create a new document based on this template, fill in the name & Address of your customer and product details? Or do you have more requirements?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Ya that sounds like something I would normally do,

But my friend asked for the infomation to be stored in a database, So there is like 1 line with all the info on it. So a database with a few fields storeing the info, and if you click a print button it will print out all nice and formatted,

I've kinda done it in Access, But the finished item looks bad.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

I think using something like access (or database within open office) was probably the best approach ok.

An application that just prints Deliver Notes sounds a little limited, so I can't imagine finding something. But, since the data is to be in a DB perhaps you could use an application that could do more ... but just use the limited aspects you need. vTigerCRM for example can manage the whole sales process and allow the creation of quotes, orders and invoices. In terms of rich business functionality it is pretty limited and strictly speaking there are no Deliver Notes, but you could just re-title the order or invoice documents it prints to print a document called Delivery Note. Then your friend could use all the functionality to manage Customers & Contacts etc... and you never know perhaps when they see all the other functionality available they decide it would make sense to use it.

Advertisement