Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Sng Runs

Options
  • 26-01-2009 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hey all, new to posting so bear with my rambling. This is for all the sng players out there, what are you worst runs on sng's??
    I started a new site at the start of January and have played 1k 6 handed sng's and my graph is pretty average and kinda consistant, but there are a few really heavy hits, horrid runs. Admittedly a lot of the games in these runs are my fault with lack of attention and tiredness attributing to bad play and one or two bad beats.
    I'm just trying to figure out how bad a bad run is

I had a run yesterday of 0 cashes in 16 games(my bankroll can afford it) which i was pretty devestated with, dont think ive ever had that before in my life and ive played a lot of sng's... i also had a 1 in 24 mid last week..
    how bad are these runs?

im not asking because im worried should i drop levels as im only playing 10 and 20's with a pretty large bankroll, im just wondering what the average bad run should be

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

insomniak wrote: »
    Hey all, new to posting so bear with my rambling. This is for all the sng players out there, what are you worst runs on sng's??
    I started a new site at the start of January and have played 1k 6 handed sng's and my graph is pretty average and kinda consistant, but there are a few really heavy hits, horrid runs. Admittedly a lot of the games in these runs are my fault with lack of attention and tiredness attributing to bad play and one or two bad beats.
    I'm just trying to figure out how bad a bad run is

I had a run yesterday of 0 cashes in 16 games(my bankroll can afford it) which i was pretty devestated with, dont think ive ever had that before in my life and ive played a lot of sng's... i also had a 1 in 24 mid last week..
    how bad are these runs?

im not asking because im worried should i drop levels as im only playing 10 and 20's with a pretty large bankroll, im just wondering what the average bad run should be

I had a 33 no cash run at 6 handed which i think is very impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 37,771 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

nicnicnic wrote: »
    2 third places on stars in 70 sng's, multitabling and not on tilt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

i remember that day

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

I managed to lose 11 Double or Nothings in a row once which given I cash in over 60% is pretty damn good.

On the positive side, I won 15 HU STTs in a row today, something I would have considered statistically impossible. However, most of them were to players who were either French, Italian or had ALLCAPSSCREENNAMES, so I don't think it really counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭digiman

doke wrote: »
    I managed to lose 11 Double or Nothings in a row once which given I cash in over 60% is pretty damn good.

On the positive side, I won 15 HU STTs in a row today, something I would have considered statistically impossible. However, most of them were to players who were either French, Italian or had ALLCAPSSCREENNAMES, so I don't think it really counts.

Whats the deal with the caps Dara? I see a guy playing cash the other called OMGCAPSLOCK, he wasn't terrible though!! Cool name I thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Ask this guy ..
    DisplayGraph.png

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Flipz4Rollz

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Played a sample of 1300 since mid november. Im in a rush now so not checking but i think it was a 20 something buy in downswing. Thats playing turbos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

digiman wrote: »
    Whats the deal with the caps Dara? I see a guy playing cash the other called OMGCAPSLOCK, he wasn't terrible though!! Cool name I thought

think there all players that THE CLAMPER coaches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    Ask this guy ..
    DisplayGraph.png
    Wow sick graph Dave, is that yours?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

digiman wrote: »

Not sure why, but practically every ALLCAPS guy I've played online has been dreadful. Surprising really, as you wouldn't necessarily think that there'd be any link between not being able to figure out the keyboard and not being a great poker player. Wait.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Worst recent run I've had was a weird weekend where I had 16 buy-in upswing, immediately followed by an 18 buy-in downswing across 50 HU SNGS.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

not a bad run but it was sick. playing the Rio jackpot sit n'goes won the first 4 got rivered to finish 2nd in the 5th, won the 6th. That river cost me $47k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭gazman59

think there all players that THE CLAMPER coaches

HA BRILLIANT

Advertisement