Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone see Iain Lee set visit Sky Showed before Lost?Major Spoilers

Options
  • 26-01-2009 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭

They were there during the filming of Episode 10, and you could see a couple of key scenes that were being filmed I'll spoiler what I spotted
    THESE ARE MAJOR SPOILERS SO PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO MESS WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE SHOW:-
    1) We saw Sawyer and Miles wearing the Dharma overalls with walkie talkies.
    2) Brand new looking VW van arrives with Jack, Kate and Hurley in it.
    3) Jack Kate and Hurley lined up with other new Dharma employees under a welcome banner having their picture taken, Jack has a white flower neckless around his neck.

To me it looks like they've gone back in time to when Dharma had just arrived on the island and some how jack Kate and Hurley have managed to get back to the island and looks like the island is still time jumping althoug it looked like Sawyer and Miles were settled employees in the Dharma camp. Also caught a glimpse of Frank Lapidus wearing a pilot uniform with a cut arm walking alongside Kate

I'm actually surprised the producers let Iain Lee sky camera crew film spoiler filled scenes.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Snake, maybe add a few more "are you sure" warnings to the above.

There were some VERY VERY major spoilers in that documentary. I'd really encourage people not to read the spoiler tagged stuff above or watch the documentary if you recorded it.

There's no way in hell the writers or Disney approved Sky to air that footage at the beginning of the season. They were obviously allowed access to the set with the understanding that they wouldn't air it until much later.

I'm really pissed at Sky over this. They don't give a s**t about the fans of the show.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No way am I highlighting that spoiler text! Have totally given up watching these kinds of making-ofs for fear of important stuff being given way. Can't believe major information was released - sure to be some trouble over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I put this programme on and couldnt believe the major spoilers they gave away in the first few minutes. They didnt even give a warning. Its not as if you even had time to look away as one of the first things they showed you was the massive spoiler.
    I think that the time period they are in was the 70's. I didnt realise that Jack, Kate etc got back to the island so quickly. I thought they wouldnt get back until the end of Season 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bawpsherep

I am genuinely flabbergasted that Sky 1 screened this! From the first minute, it was riddled with MAJOR spoilers. Spoilers for episodes that are months away! Why on earth would they show this BEFORE season 5 even began?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Infuriated at Sky for showing this. You never expect and real spoilers with shows like this but im amazed at how much they gave away. Alot of the tension of the next few episodes is gone for me now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MeTV

Don't know if it was the same show that they showed after "The Lie" but that was also chock full of spoilers, at least in the first 2 minutes that I was unfortunate enough to watch. Again, no spoiler warning from the continuity announcer beforehand (yet they're more than capable of warning us that a WWE show airing at 11 o'clock at night is a "post-watershed" production!). Hopefully, though, if these spoilers are for episodes nearer the end of the season as suggested above, I'll have forgotten what I saw by the time the episodes air. If I was debating over which channel to watch Lost on this year, that was settled last night by Sky's stupidity; shower of b@$t@rd$ - I've managed to avoid all spoilers for the last 4+ years and they may have potentially ruined the season for a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I also unfortunately caught a bit of this show.

Once I realised what was going on, I really wanted to stop watching, but I needed to see more. Needless to say I am very disappointed with Sky.
    The bits on the show seem to have centered around episode 10, so we can assume they get back to the island by then

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

MeTV wrote: »
    Don't know if it was the same show that they showed after "The Lie" but that was also chock full of spoilers, at least in the first 2 minutes that I was unfortunate enough to watch.
    That was "Lost: on location." I didn't see it but the doc we're talking was "Lost Season 5 revealed" which was aired before the premiere. Apparently it was originally supposed to be the other way around but Sky switched it. So Sky spoiled everyone for episode 10 before they even saw the season premiere. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bawpsherep

From the hip indie music track every 15 seconds to the godawful opening titles to quizzing the cast on the jack/kate/sawyer love-triangle: the show was meant to act as a fluff piece that would lead into the premiere. Unfortunately, the interviews took place in the midst of filming episodes we have yet to see, with some MAJORLY spoilery stuff happening everywhere. Compare this to "The Lost Initiative with Iain Lee" and its clear that this was created for a casual audience they probably thought might not be as hung up on spoilers as dedicated fans of the show. Still: Spoilers are spoilers and there was absolutely no excuse for their lack of care.

Anyone who wants to remain unspoiled, refrain from watching this at all costs.

Advertisement