Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Source for ex-corporate laptops ?

Options
  • 26-01-2009 12:27am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Howdy,

If anyone knows of an Irish or Dublin-based company dealing in ex-corporate laptops, I'd appreciate a heads-up. I'm looking specifically for a Dell Latitude 400 or 600, a widescreen laptop is not suitable due to need for mobility. I'm looking for one of these in a reasonable hurry.

Feel free to PM me if this is more acceptable than posting publicly.

Mods, if this request is not in order, feel free to adjust etc. as you see fit.

Thanks,

Ritz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

http://www.cheaplaptops.ie/contact-us-2-w.asp

This crowd have refurb Latitudes listed and seem to be in Dublin and Newbridge, I have never dealt with them so can't offer any opinion.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Thanks, appreciate that.

Ritz.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mods, if this request is not in order, feel free to adjust etc. as you see fit.

Just for the record, I have no problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭tech

Im looking to get a Dell Latitude D series, what was the D620, D630 style. Dell have now a new series out has anyone got one of the new Latitude series are these are good as the existing D Series???

Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

AlmightyCushion,

Thanks, I'm not a regular in here and wasn't sure of the etiquette.

Just for info, the site linked to above was quoting prices a touch on the high side for D600 refurbs - this is my opinion only, of course, and I was reared in the old Boards For Sale (Meeeemries, light de corners sof ma moind.... Mistee wahtacolor Meeeeemries.....sof de whey we woire....) and latterly Adverts for my computer bits so I'm probably spoiled by non-retail prices for second hand bits and pieces !

I've located a supplier through Gumtree, hopping out tomorrow, refurb D600 at a price nearer the Adverts market. Will report back if its all good.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Advertisement
Advertisement