Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is so weird

Options
  • 25-01-2009 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

I've had a few freaky dreams in the oast few years where I would feel a ghosts presence by a "shivering" all over my body and a feeling I really can't describe as it's so strange and nothing like I have ever felt in my life. I was having recurring drreams of the same thing where I would go cold and have this "feeling" and be really frightened.

So anyway, I was reading this article in a magazine lately about this psychic who was describing my very symptoms when she was being met by a ghost. It really freaked me out!! How the hell would I have known this?? In my lifetime I have never seen a ghost so how would I know this feeling so well?

Bizarre...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,356 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

most dreams are bizarre, I wouldnt think much of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭JoeyW

yeah maybe, I have always had very strange dreams from a young age. Especailly bad dreams, I would make Stephen King look like a childrens fairytale writer LOL.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

JoeyW wrote: »
    yeah maybe, I have always had very strange dreams from a young age. Especailly bad dreams, I would make Stephen King look like a childrens fairytale writer LOL.

Everyone dreams but not everyone remembers their dreams. Its fair to say that most dreamas are strange as your dream is only restrained by the power of your imagination and subconscious.

Its common for real external factors to have an influence on your dream. E.g. external noises can be interpreted in your dream as something different. Ive had car alarms being interpreted as creatures screaming in my dreams and waking up to hearing a car alarm.

Nightmares can be the by-product of one's emotional or health state at a particular time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

OP shivering is a natural reaction by the body when it feels cold... You said you'd go cold, and start shivering (and also have some other undescribed feeling).

Wear pyjamas, use a hot water bottle?

And as mentioned, it could be just a bad dream, there's no reason to invoke anything ghastly here. People have bad dreams all the time, they're unpleasant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭JoeyW

Ok, shaking is not the right word. More like a quivering?? I can't really describe it to be honest but nothing that I can put a rational explanation to. It only happened a few times and I know what it's like to be cold in bed so definately not that.
    Thanks for the replies, I guess I'll never get to the bottom of it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Being shot down by the guys running this particular part of the forums lol. I find that amusing :)

Do the believers not believe either? Or is there something else I'm missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Ok, shaking is not the right word. More like a quivering?? I can't really describe it to be honest but nothing that I can put a rational explanation to. It only happened a few times and I know what it's like to be cold in bed so definately not that.
    Thanks for the replies, I guess I'll never get to the bottom of it...
    Being shot down by the guys running this particular part of the forums lol. I find that amusing :)

Do the believers not believe either? Or is there something else I'm missing.

TBH sounds like it might be a form of sleep paralyisis, I think that is where the guys are soming from, not shooting you down OP, there are a couple of threads on this forum relating to it, do a search OP and look at others experiences and descriptions and see what you think! eVo, this might be a paranromal forum but I think you will find most of the posters are quite rational and critical thinkers while being open minded at the same time!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Other theories suggest nightmares as being something from our tribal past. They are mechanisms to prepare a child for challenges it may face in the real world. Obviously back in the day they would dream of monsters and the fear and response that will give them.

The theory goes that when faced with a real monster (lion or whatever) they will be better prepared. As they grow older the nightmares become more sophisticated and may be considered quite strange. The nature of the nightmares change over time and adapts to new social attitudes such as a "nightmare" today being losing something (mobile phone, wallet etc.) and desperately seeking it out with no luck.

Advertisement