Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solif Fuel Ranges

Options
  • 25-01-2009 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all,

We are installing a cooker/stove in our open plan kitchen living area. This is a new build house. The chimney is in the living area hence cooker/stove will be in that location.

This cooker will only be required to heat the room as we will have oil heating and solar panels for our hot water requirements.

We would appreciate your thoughts opinions recommendations on: AGA, Stanley, Rayburn solid fuel ranges.

Stanley ranges we are specifically interested in the Errigal. Have you the splashback and the platerack (clothes airer) - do you find these useful - would you recommend or not?

Feedback on the Esse ironheart cooker, would be very welcome. This is a model we came across in the North which appears to be a good compromise for us between the look of a stove (seeing the fire) having the option of an oven/cooker top.

However, from one or two web-sites we have seen, the airfilter which supposedly keeps the glass door clean does not work that well. Could you let us know of your experience?

Also, we are unsure of its heating cooking capacity.

Any advice thoughts and opinions would be very welcome.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭MacTheKnife1

I am looking at the Mulberry range and stoves:

http://www.mulberrystoves.com/

No link with the company, like the fact it is an Irish made product...

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

I am looking at the Mulberry range and stoves:

http://www.mulberrystoves.com/

No link with the company, like the fact it is an Irish made product...

Are any of these stoves Irish Made? I thought they all came from China, with the exception of some like Charnwood which are made in England (and cost accordingly)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Have you looked at Hunter Stoves??

We got the Hunter 14 which will heat the radiators and hot water. We have oil heating also but its nice to have two options and the heat from a fire is better than oil i find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭MacTheKnife1

Tester46 wrote: »
    Are any of these stoves Irish Made? I thought they all came from China, with the exception of some like Charnwood which are made in England (and cost accordingly)

I believe Mulberry are made in Ireland - I heard a show on the radio some time back where the radio show was held inside their factory - so I know they have a factory here.

Advertisement