Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Mic jack as a headphone jack?

Options
  • 24-01-2009 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 on Vista Premium, and I recently broke the headphone jack. Is it possible to use the Mic-in/Line-in port as a headphone jack? And if so how can it be done? :eek:

I think it can be done because whenever I plug my headphones into the mic port it plays maybe a split second of the music that is being played on the laptop at that time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

You could always reroute the electrical track running to the headphone jack to the line in jack instead but that is pretty much impossible unless your proficient with electronics.
    Cheapest alternative is to buy an external soundcard or get a usb headphone

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

USB would be easiest if you have a default sound card set up going on.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

you can cheap n' nasty usb sound card from dealextreme delivered for under a fiver

Advertisement