Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

odds, obama shot,marey harney resign,ire for 6 nations

Options
  • 24-01-2009 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Got these odds off paddy power what do you think
    Mary harney to resign in febuary or march = evens
    presidend obama to be shot= 12/1
    Ireland to win 6 nations=10/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ireland 6 nations looks fair, wouldn't like to make money from a dead president though!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

cormywormy wrote: »
    Mary harney to resign in febuary or march = evens
    Can't see this on their website. Why would she resign now after all the stuff she has already presided over? Bad value imo.
    Couldn't really bet on this surely but each to their own..
    Ireland to win 6 nations=10/3
    Available at 5.0 on BF which is better than 15/4 after commission. If you don't have a BF account Boyles are 7/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭cormywormy

You have to ring them to get the odds for these. They will give you odds on anything.Just to see what odds they would give me on obama i rang.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,327 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I don't believe for a second that pp gave odds for obama to be shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

Originall posted by rarnes1
    I don't believe for a second that pp gave odds for obama to be shot.

This suggests otherwise http://www.gambling911.com/politics/obama-assassination-bet-bad-taste-odds-still-offered-110708.html

Although it seems to contradict what a mate said about PP's reaction when it was suggested on Ireland AM that they'd be betting on this type of thing next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭cormywormy

your dead right paddy irishman PP was offering 16/1 now its 12/1. That lad will give odds on anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

would take the bet on 6 nations but not the other two

Harney has more chance of becoming a size 0 b4 she resigns

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

I don't think it's odds on Obama to be shot per se but I heard it was "Obama to not finish hid first term" and they would payout if was shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Browney7 wrote: »
    I don't think it's odds on Obama to be shot per se but I heard it was "Obama to not finish hid first term" and they would payout if was shot.
    Its was to be shot and kill.
    Impeachment and resigning were options too.

Its pretty stupid

Obama to win 2012 is a far better bet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Mellor wrote: »
    Obama to win 2012 is a far better bet

Agree 100% with this. Was 4/5 a few weks agao when I was looking at it. Was toying with the idea of sticking a tenner on a week for next couple of years. Unless he has a disastrous term (which considering the mess he inherited would involve starting a nuclear war) he already looks like the most popular President since JFK. Of course, it's still early days but I like this bet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Rod & Reel

sick bet on obama, paddy should bycotted for this.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Rod & Reel wrote: »
    sick bet on obama, paddy should bycotted for this.
    Publicity!

Collie D that 10 a week sounds good! Where do I sign up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

I can say with supreme confidence, that PP are not offering prices on Obama to be shot

Publicity!

Collie D that 10 a week sounds good! Where do I sign up!

You offering to lay me that?

magicass wrote: »

Welest being a niger n all id a ,tought it id be close on evens. On the count of him being black n all. I reckon a god n all lynchin wouldent be outa order on the count of him being black nd all!

Reported...and learn to spell. See ya in another life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

12/1 is a shocking prize. It's not the 1960's lads and if Bush can survive then anyone can. It will be almot impossible to kill him, and I certainly wouldnt relay on a load of inbred red-neck retards getting it done. Honestly, would you want to back a 12/1 shot relying on someone like magicass to kill the president of the USA? I wouldnt be confident in backing him to tie his shoe laces at 12/1.

Every time Obama will be in public he will have a 12 foot sheet of bullet proof glass around him. Times of president riding down the street willy nilly in an open top car are long gone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Collie D wrote: »
    You offering to lay me that?
    Jeez no way!!

Just that backing him to get elected for a second term and having a regular punt on it would not be a bad idea.

Jeez no way!!

Just that backing him to get elected for a second term and having a regular punt on it would not be a bad idea.

I dont think it would be a great idea. The republicans made a massive **** up in the last election by having a pensioner with one foot in the grave go for president with a a crazy idiot as his sidekick.

If the republicans were able to round up a young candidate with a half compident(sp?) VP they would of ran Obama very close. Also, I dont think it's a good idea to place a bet on Obama when no one no's what he is like as president.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

Alot of people I know have been wondering the same thing (odds on Obama being shot), and although it would be 'interesting' to see the odds, I think it would be pretty disgraceful if PP offered odds and accepted bets on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

I did not think they were allowed take bets like this?

Pretty sick, PP boycotted for me and 12/1 is an absolutely laughable price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

12/1 lol

PP are some tight arses

that bet is a non runner and who ever would bet on it is not right in the head...ahem

They arent orffering the obama to be shot bet, there offering obama not to finish his 4 year term.

I dont think it would be a great idea. The republicans made a massive **** up in the last election by having a pensioner with one foot in the grave go for president with a a crazy idiot as his sidekick.

If the republicans were able to round up a young candidate with a half compident(sp?) VP they would of ran Obama very close. Also, I dont think it's a good idea to place a bet on Obama when no one no's what he is like as president.

The incumbrent rarely fails to get a second term. There is much less uncertainty involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,342 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Mellor wrote: »
    The incumbrent rarely fails to get a second term. There is much less uncertainty involved.

Don't think this is true.
    Out of the last 7 its 4-3 for incumbants winning a second term (Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, Bush2 winning, but Ford, Carter and Bush1 losing).

To be fair, Ford was never elected a first time. Nor was LJB (who got a second term). So cancelling these off each other. And taking the 7 presidents since JFK, its 5-2 for incumbrents getting a second term.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

I think it's only fair to count Carter and Bush Sr as not getting second terms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Just talked to one a mate of mine in Paddy Power who knows what is going on.

Paddy Power will never do a novelty bet on someone dieing / being assinated etc.

They did have bets on Obama not finishing his first term, but did they for George W as well. Options included impeachment, resign etc not "killed".

It was lazy sensasionlist journalism that orginally made a story that didnt exist.

fintan wrote: »
    Just talked to one a mate of mine in Paddy Power who knows what is going on.

Paddy Power will never do a novelty bet on someone dieing / being assinated etc.

They did have bets on Obama not finishing his first term, but did they for George W as well. Options included impeachment, resign etc not "killed".

It was lazy sensasionlist journalism that orginally made a story that didnt exist.

If he has a heartache/some other nartural cause will they pay-out or will it be void?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭fippy

If he has a heartache/some other nartural cause will they pay-out or will it be void?

He'll never have a "heartache" with michelle around :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

No they wont because you have to chose from their options why he isn't finishing his first term. eg impeachment, resign etc

Advertisement