Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop - Notebook - Netbook - Tablet

Options
  • 24-01-2009 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

Could someone please tell me the difference in the above .
    I am looking to buy a laptop ?

Spending not more than 600 euro .

Which is best ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Could someone please tell me the difference in the above .
    I am looking to buy a laptop ?

Laptop is the same as a notebook.

The netbooks are essentially laptops with 9 inch or smaller screen. Defined here, first hit on Google when searching for "netbook".

Tablet PC is defined here, first hit on Google when searching for "Tablet PC".
    Which is best ?

Define best.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,001 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Best depends on the user. Best Gaming Platform, Best Mobile Platform, Best Word Processor, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I intend to buy this one.
    Wont be gaming or mobiling .
    Will mainly be used for word processing .

I like HP and I think this looks good value .

Would appreciate other opinions : >

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=591J&CategorySelectedId=11105&PageMode=1

• Registered Users Posts: 82,001 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

And yet is not an "Office-Ready PC" nor any mention of what is uses as a graphics accelerator.

whats up with that

I think you could do better. Shop the main websites (lenovo, toshiba, acer, dell, hp, sony) before looking at places like dabs and komplett and newegg - so you'll no what the manufacturer prices are; what you can expect in terms of performance; and finally what is really a good bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Overheal wrote: »
    And yet is not an "Office-Ready PC" nor any mention of what is uses as a graphics accelerator.

From reading the www.hp.com website , it looks like this one is re-built to include 4GB RAM and 250GB HDrive .

The Graphics is 3200 ATI Radeon ?

The USA one is 580usd which is 446 euro , so been re-built , I reckon 580 euro delivered from dabs.ie is good value .

If anyone can recommend an online site to buy this pleas e:
    • HP / Compaq
    • Core 2 duo/athlon
    • 3/4 gb RAM
    • 160/250 HD
    • no more than 15.6 widescreen
    • NO more than 550 euro delivered
    Pleased to hear !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Why only hp/compaq?
    Lenovo, would be a very good choice, in particular this machine. Lenovo

Advertisement