Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iarnrod Eireann prices & their Hilarious Train Gestapo

Options
  • 24-01-2009 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

I love the pricing system that Iarnrod Eireann have. It's well researched, good value for money and should be commended at the national value for money awards or some other such statutory body that rewards plain good old good value!!!

"Single to Drogheda please."
    "€15."
    "Sorry, did you say fifteen?"
    "Yeah, €15"
    "As in 1-5?"
    "___(vacant face stare)"
    "It's okay, I don't want to go First Class."
    "€15 bud"
    "Ah, I'll purchase one of those €10 rtn tickets ye do be advertising on the radio please."
    "Only available Drogheda-Dublin-Drogheda, Not the other way around."
    "I feel penetrated and kicked in the balls at the same time"*
    "Enjoy your journey sir."

Given I pay €34 a week for my annual Tax Saver Drogheda-Dublin ticket. €15 seems way overpriced for a single ticket to Drogheda...

Also, what is the point of the Stormtroopers that lumber menacingly when you get off the train, their stubby warted fingers caressing their batons, their beady eyes using all their brain power to spy out dangerous Fare-Dodgers. Their crewcutted fatheads just itching to frogmarch one of these subversive commuters and wallop them repeatedly on the kidneys until they pay their fare and promise not to cross Iarnrod Eireann.

It's probably this same element, thinks Boris as he ejaculates to the sound of baton on bone, that kicked up about our introduction of pay-parking at the station. Wow, To...many...syllables...one sentence...over load...IVAN! finish him.....

*May not have been said, but thought it at the time and would have said it right, really would have have you know. But, like just didn't in the end.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cpt Tremendous

Nice story there,
    And have to say that their prices are a little out of sync.
    same with Bus Eirean, my bus fare from Dundalk Bust Depo to outside my house went up from €1.80 to €2.90, thats for a single, but at the same time it costs €5 for a single from Dublin airport to Dundalk via Drogheda. How can the airport to Dundalk be €5 and yet its €2.90 for me to get home, it doesn't even take 20mins! Thats only a €2.10 difference

Advertisement