Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifesaver Road Safety Exhibit

Options
  • 23-01-2009 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

On Wednesday 4th Feb UL Ógra Fianna Fáil will bring together the Gardaí, Ambulance Service, Fire Service and medical staff with the aid of UL Students' Union and Limerick County Council Roads Dept.

There will be a live car crash simulation on the Plaza at 1:30pm followed by a seminar in the Jean Monnet, given by the Emergency Services and A&E Consultant.

We hope to have a safety check on your car available.

If you would like to attend please feel free to do so. We are hopeful to have some prizes to give at the seminar to encourage attendance. If your company is interested in sponsorship send a pm.

If you would like to organise this event at your workplace or in your community send a pm and I will send you info.

Employers including Dell and Aughinish Alumina have ceased production for an hour (for each shift cycle) to have this seminar provided to their employees. If you have any doubt as to the benefit you need only consider the financial costs to shut down a multi national subsidiary for an hour (3 in Dell's case)

The Garda and Paramedic involved in this are extremely committed and do this off their own bat as opposed to that of the HSE or An Garda Siochána.
    This is a one of a kind programme nationally, with patches provided nationwide.

n10381469571_770783_5105.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Meant to ask you when I was talking to you - is Tony Miniter the garda involved?

Also, what's "patches provided nationwide"?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

sceptre wrote: »
    Meant to ask you when I was talking to you - is Tony Miniter the garda involved?

Also, what's "patches provided nationwide"?

Yes he is....and it means that the Mid-West area programme is the only comprehensive one nationwide, with other regions being patchy in what they provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Apologies

Due to a clash in time slots, I have been informed this evening that the necessary resources will not all be available to go ahead next week.

The event will go ahead at a later date

Advertisement