Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

degree?

Options
  • 23-01-2009 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

I heard that if you join the gardai after getting a qualification you get 6000e on top of your salary?Is this true and is it only some degrees?thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

It has to be a full time degree of at least 3 years I think.....(someone might clarify)

You start 2 increments higher on the payscale when you leave Templemore as far as i know.

check www.gra.ie for payscales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 D.B.Y

Hi,
    In relation to Garda pay increases, If you finish your full degree on a part-time basis after you finish your two years Garda training, do you still get awarded the extra pay allowances?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauldaly1888

D.B.Y wrote: »
    Hi,
    In relation to Garda pay increases, If you finish your full degree on a part-time basis after you finish your two years Garda training, do you still get awarded the extra pay allowances?
    you must have the degree at date of entering An Garda Siochana

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hierro

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauldaly1888

its worth getting as apparently after your probation period you get a lump sum for the probation period.ie increments are backpaid from date of attestation athough i cant confirm this.someone else might be able to

• Advertisement
Advertisement