Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

He admitted it and you all missed it?!

Options
  • 23-01-2009 5:32pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As I listened to Obama's inaugural speech, he came out with a line which I thought would send our resident conspiracy theorists into hyper space
    Our economy is badly weakened, a consequence of greed and irresponsibility on the part of some, but also our collective failure to make hard choices and prepare the nation for a new age.

Surely that has CT stamped all over it!! NWO how are ya?

Pff, amateurs :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Dyflin wrote: »
    As I listened to Obama's inaugural speech, he came out with a line which I thought would send our resident conspiracy theorists into hyper space

Surely that has CT stamped all over it!! NWO how are ya?

Pff, amateurs :rolleyes:

I listened to this also, but believe he is merely setting the stage for more changes. He's openly referred to a New World Order in Berlin, so this inauguration statement is not shocking at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Kernel wrote: »
    He's openly referred to a New World Order in Berlin

No he didn't. The news reporter did. Been thru this already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

Bold
    = Obama

"Our nation is at war, against a far-reaching network of violence and hatred. "

So the "War on Terror" or whatever its manifestation continues.

" Our economy is badly weakened, a consequence of greed and irresponsibility on the part of some"

Obama was backed by Wall St, and fought for the bailouts.

"but also our collective failure to make hard choices and prepare the nation for a new age. "

But then goes on to blame the taxpayers?

" each day brings further evidence that the ways we use energy strengthen our adversaries"

No it doesn't. Why would he say this?

" [FONT=&quot]And we will transform our schools and colleges and universities to meet the demands of a new age[/FONT]"

New Age

  –noun 1. of or pertaining to a movement espousing a broad range of philosophies and practices traditionally viewed as occult, metaphysical, or paranormal.

[FONT=&quot]"but believe … that the lines of tribe shall soon dissolve[/FONT]"

An ominous prediction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Theres a huge difference in New Age and new age. One refers to a new time, the other references a movement espousing a broad range of philosophies and practices traditionally viewed as occult, metaphysical, or paranormal.

I take it you saw the original script and seen that it was New Age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭WhaLofShi

The last paragraph of his inaugural address, and in particular the last line.
    America, in the face of our common dangers, in this winter of our hardship, let us remember these timeless words; with hope and virtue, let us brave once more the icy currents, and endure what storms may come; let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter; and with eyes fixed on the horizon and God's grace upon us, we carried forth that great gift of freedom and delivered it safely to future generations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Bold = Obama

So the "War on Terror" or whatever its manifestation continues.

" Our economy is badly weakened, a consequence of greed and irresponsibility on the part of some"

Obama was backed by Wall St, and fought for the bailouts.

"but also our collective failure to make hard choices and prepare the nation for a new age. "

But then goes on to blame the taxpayers?

" each day brings further evidence that the ways we use energy strengthen our adversaries"

No it doesn't. Why would he say this?

" [FONT=&quot]And we will transform our schools and colleges and universities to meet the demands of a new age[/FONT]"

New Age

  –noun 1. of or pertaining to a movement espousing a broad range of philosophies and practices traditionally viewed as occult, metaphysical, or paranormal.

[FONT=&quot]"but believe … that the lines of tribe shall soon dissolve[/FONT]"

An ominous prediction

Applaudm, his inauguration is a load of balony. it was so disturbingly retarded I refused to watch the rest of it. It proves how the hypocrisy of America always was. The inauguration just bold's it.

I just could not get over his first line

So the answer to deal with Hatred in American terms, is to show hatred and carry out more hatred and carry out more violence to deal with Hatred and violence.

When Obama said, build bridges and roads and god bless america, it was Clinton all over again.

It;s seriously like junk mail you really really need to get rid of.

Advertisement