Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to get a deposit back. Business to business.

Options
  • 23-01-2009 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭

A couple of years ago I placed an order with a company for some equipment for my shop. I asked the salesman to fit as soon as possible as we were just about to get the place done up. I gave him a deposit and waited for his fitters to contact me. Nothing happened.

For reason I won't reveal here, I never got back to them until a few months later a salesman came into me to sell me the same equipment. I told him I already had an order in and he should go back and find out what the situation was. I heard nothing within a few weeks and rang them. I was told the manager would get back to me, but heard nothing.

Over the past 2 years I have made 5 phone calls to the company and waited patiently for the manager to return my call.

Finally I received a visit from the manager who informed me that he didn't have the authority to issue a refund. I don't want the equipment now, and I haven't bought similar equipmet from anyone else. The order form states on the back that refunds of deposits will not be made where orders are cancelled.

I have never written to them, or even spoke to a solicitor about the situation. The manager advised me to write to the owner of the company as he is the only one who can issue a refund. But he mentioned the fact that it's been over 2 years and the question will arise "why did I take so long"?. I expect to have to call my solicitor.

Here's my question. What is a reasonable time to expect to take delivery and fitting of a product, and at what point would I be justified in canceling an order and expecting a full refund?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

DubTony wrote: »
    Here's my question. What is a reasonable time to expect to take delivery and fitting of a product, and at what point would I be justified in canceling an order and expecting a full refund?

I don't think that I could have answered these questions as well as you already have done when you said..
    DubTony wrote: »
    I expect to have to call my solicitor.

I agree.

Advertisement