Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geographical Investigation its a disaster!

Options
  • 23-01-2009 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

SO we're doing a project on river transportation and deposition, but we're a bit confused about the Gathering of Data section and how exactly its divided up.

WARNING: RANT >>>
    (When I say we, I mean the teacher doesn't have a CLUE, she's confirmed it herself she doesn't know what she's doing and nobody else in the class really gives a sh*t or is prepared to speak out. I need help! I want every point I can get at this stage, it might be alright for some people but I'm not prepared to go along with what we're being told if I have a suspicion it's all wrong.)

Firstly, all the teacher knows is were doing 2 methods of gathering within which we have 2 methods of recording. Fair enough, it's on the marking scheme, only she can't explain to us what exactly a method of gathering and a method of recording is. I have an idea myself, but what she has the class doing is amalgamating 6 of our original objectives into two methods of gathering, each with 3 parts... :confused: (for instance method 1 is: depth, discharge and velocity...method 2: profile/gradient, grain size and sinuosity) Is this right? It just seems like 6 methods of gathering to me and a hell of a lot of methods of measuring :( Could somebody please tell me how to correctly lay out the gathering of data.

Also, when plotting ANGLES on a graph paper to get a profile of the river bank, I used a protractor myself, and it makes alot more sense, but everybody else is counting the value of the angle in vertical squares, its makes the lower course look like a gorge.. so whats the right direction here?

This whole project thing has got me extremely stressed and I'm not writing another word of it till I know what the hell I'm doing!:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bull_egan

im doing the exact same topic as you and from what ive been told by my teacher we the class were told to do all experiments seperately in gadering information our teacher is adaminent that its good to put each exeriment on a seperate page an as u said yu have 6 experiments what i can remember is there is 6 pages for this stage in the booklet but be certain not to put any results in an that you only put in how you preformed the experiment e.g. what tools you used what you done individually and how eactly de experiment was performed

^^^^
    prob seems aloud of waffle dont know if makes sense but hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

corkarcher wrote: »
    SO we're doing a project on river transportation and deposition, but we're a bit confused about the Gathering of Data section and how exactly its divided up.

WARNING: RANT >>>
    (When I say we, I mean the teacher doesn't have a CLUE, she's confirmed it herself she doesn't know what she's doing and nobody else in the class really gives a sh*t or is prepared to speak out. I need help! I want every point I can get at this stage, it might be alright for some people but I'm not prepared to go along with what we're being told if I have a suspicion it's all wrong.)

Firstly, all the teacher knows is were doing 2 methods of gathering within which we have 2 methods of recording. Fair enough, it's on the marking scheme, only she can't explain to us what exactly a method of gathering and a method of recording is. I have an idea myself, but what she has the class doing is amalgamating 6 of our original objectives into two methods of gathering, each with 3 parts... :confused: (for instance method 1 is: depth, discharge and velocity...method 2: profile/gradient, grain size and sinuosity) Is this right? It just seems like 6 methods of gathering to me and a hell of a lot of methods of measuring :( Could somebody please tell me how to correctly lay out the gathering of data.

Also, when plotting ANGLES on a graph paper to get a profile of the river bank, I used a protractor myself, and it makes alot more sense, but everybody else is counting the value of the angle in vertical squares, its makes the lower course look like a gorge.. so whats the right direction here?

This whole project thing has got me extremely stressed and I'm not writing another word of it till I know what the hell I'm doing!:mad:

the draft is done my friend!!:P She told us today that most of the projects are all over the place and need some serious organising. Ours are fine though she reckons :confused: I will be fixing my graph mind you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭TunnelWeb

Im doing the lc as an external student this year.I have gone on the feild study trip and done the eperiments but I dont know how to put it all together.I dont know what way its all to be written up and the layout of it and what to put into it etc....:confused:
    The teacher Im in contact with is not giving me much advice on it and frankly i dont think she knows what she's talking about,like she did'nt even tell me the deadine!.Im getting very stresed about it now as I dont know where to start.Can anyone help me out? I'd REALY apprieciate the help!

Advertisement