Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Oslo, Norway

Options
  • 23-01-2009 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi all,

Ive been offered a job in Oslo Norway staring in the next few weeks. I have not clue what to expect are what Im getting myself involved in. I did visit the city for a few days but it was mainly work related so I didnt get a real feel for the place. Except to notice how bloody expensive the place was. Im in my mid too late twenties and single. Does anyone have advise on what the scene is like for that age group or just anything about been working and living in Oslo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

My other half is originally from Oslo so I'm a regular visitor to the city and I can agree that you price you pay for an item bears absolutely no relation to the value of said item. Then again Oslo is one of my favourite places to visit, excellent public transport, beautiful city centre, no more than 30 mins from the mountains. If you like to keep active then it's a great place to be.

The thing about the prices means that you'd want to be earning at least 1 and a half times your current salary to maintain your current standard of living. From talking to the locals that seems to be normal, salaries are a lot higher there.

I'm seriously considering moving there myself if things don't work out here. You know in Norwegian they don't have a word for "recession"

Advertisement