Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Doing Corporate law?

Options
  • 22-01-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Is it hard??Im considering it for next year...Im not really a straight A student.. Id say i could just about swing the points

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

stainluss wrote: »
    Is it hard??

the accounting stream is quite competitive I believe, but the rest isn't too bad. Being good with numbers is needed, but at the same time you don't need to be a mathematician. Anyway, NUIG is a regional university, so chances are if you put the work in you'll get the degree you want.

what exactly is it that attracts you about commerce though? if it's the economics i'd recommend doing the B.A. with Economics and Maths as your two subjects.

edit: i could have sworn the title said commerce, not coporate law.

see the corporate law thread for info on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭yekrab

What is yr malfunction boy! hm whats the matter with the other thread on corporate law.

i have the only answers u need....

corporate law is business law, ull spend most u time on company law, shares and the like and all that really interestin stuff, with corporate law u also do the commercial law aspect, another businessy law subject, well all u need to know is that its business to the bone. but if u do it, ull have to end up doing the postgraduate LLB, course in NUIG as well( a nice 6k to pay my friend (ha ha in yr impecunious face sedlev), bcos u wont be able to practice as a barrister if u dont. or u wouldnt have learned the majority of the legal subjects examined in blackhall, so u prob 90 percent would make it as a solicitor as well unless u have also done the LLB.its no suprise that sedlev did the LLB after the Corporate law degree. ahhh why not just go for the LLB or BCL?? tell the truth u wanna do law, but u dont think ull get the points for the BCL or LLB, ?? well thats a different story.

the bottom holy grail dollar, try and do the LLB or BCL not the corporate law degree, works out better in 90percent of the cases, sedlev was a unique pedant who would have seemingly killed his own momma to do it (and defend the course he loves so well) but do the llb ull save yr time. sweet baby jesus i know what im talkin about as an experienced law student, so trust me i no more about what the legal courses entail than a schoolie like u.

Advertisement