Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

itouch problem

Options
  • 22-01-2009 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

hey guys, just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem im having.
    i recently upgraded my 1st gen itouch 16gb to firmware 2.2, now before on the old firmware i got about a day & a half from the battery (approx 15hours audio play back, wifi off & push off)
    now since the upgrade im only getting 6-7 hours audio play back again with wifi & push off! worst of all i payed for the upgrade and i feel like iv been stitched up with this poor battery performance!:mad:

hope someone may be able to give me some good advice & maybe im overlooking something silly

cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

It might be worth running your battery completely flat, leaving it for around 5 hours and then charging it fully again. Apple recommends doing this with their notebooks when one sees similar behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

ethernet wrote: »
    It might be worth running your battery completely flat, leaving it for around 5 hours and then charging it fully again. Apple recommends doing this with their notebooks when one sees similar behaviour.

cheers for reply, not too sure about this cause the ipod has run totally flat & i charged it fully from the mains. :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Would be worth your while doing a battery test on it.

Run down the battery (as you've done) then give it a full charge, load a new album on to it and play that album on repeat until the battery dies. After it dies you can hook the ipod back up to itunes and calculate the playtime by adding up the play count of that album.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mactard wrote: »
    Would be worth your while doing a battery test on it.

Run down the battery (as you've done) then give it a full charge, load a new album on to it and play that album on repeat until the battery dies. After it dies you can hook the ipod back up to itunes and calculate the playtime by adding up the play count of that album.

umm good test!
    must remember that.

Advertisement