Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the best value laptop currently in pc world

Options
  • 22-01-2009 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

whats the best value laptop currently in pc world in the 500-600euro range or less obviously.

I was in there at xmas and I think the price includes norton already loaded on the laptop but you dont have to take norton. they also give you 100 off if you choose eircom broadband. this makes the laptops there good value but im not sure which to go for.

their website never seems to work so if anybody has been in to the store and can recommend one id appreciate it.

at xmas i was looking at a couple of 4gb ram acers and a hp that had 4gb but cant remember the models. sorry for being vague.

im looking for something with core2duo, 200+ hard drive, 3-4gb ram and a half decent graphics card

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

I got HP laptop for 320 up the north. Well worth the trip as we're bein robbed down here. Check out currys.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Why the need to buy in pcworld? They're awful as far as their customer support goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭ceoexec2

they just seem to have a greater choice. in currys your limited to a handful of machines and they dont have a reduction if you take broadband. do you know of any walk in shops that are better. i hadnt considered customer support, i thought if something went wrong you would have to deal with the manufacturer

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Dixons, Currys and PC World are the SAME company. They even have sale prices with reductions based on prices from other stores in the group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PC_World_(retailer)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

The closing bracket is missing in the hyperlink there Capt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PC_World_(retailer)

MC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 APMom

I agree about going up the north to buy it if you're getting it from pcworld or Currys. I was in both the other day and they both have a Dell 1545, 3Gb Ram, Core 2 duo T5200 (I think), integrated intel x3100 graphics card, webcam, 250 GB HD for €550. For €451 I got from Dell outlet a Studio 1537, Dual core T3200, 160Gb HD, 3GB Ram, ATI Radeon 4350 or 3470 (cant remember) 256mb graphics card, bluetooth, fingerprint thingy, usual wireless card and windows vista home premium. I would have preferred a better processor but for what I'll be using it for it's great. A few months ago Meteor gave me a free mobile broadband trial so I'm sitting in the traffic going West on this, how happy am I:D

Advertisement