Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get Windows on my mac??

Options
  • 22-01-2009 2:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey,

Has anyone any idea how to get windows on my mac?? I heard something about a virtual computer within the mac, how do i do this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/

Grab the trial and give it a go.

If it's gaming you want it for though, you'll be better off with Bootcamp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 batman84mac

Thanks for that,

I'm looking to run Adobe Audition and CAD on the mac, will this do the trick and is there a way of downloading this for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Thanks for that,

I'm looking to run Adobe Audition and CAD on the mac, will this do the trick and is there a way of downloading this for free?
    Well Bootcamp is inbuilt into OSX Leopard, however you will still need to buy a copy of Windows. Parallels will cost you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

for those programs that are very memory intensive and also not really used on the fly - as in you could be working 3+ hours with them - i'd give parallels a miss and just got with bootcamp.

i find parallels is fine for small things like ms office etc. but it's a pain when you want to do something a bit more intense on the resources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 batman84mac

How do I set up bootcamp?? Will I lose everything on the hard-drive??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

this pdf tells ya everything http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/boot_camp_install-setup.pdf

you won't lost anything on the drive, but you will be partitioning your drive (splitting it into a mac osx part and a windows part) and when partitioning it is always advisible to back up important files.

Advertisement