Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical Resources

Options
  • 21-01-2009 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Ive just started an apprenticeship and I know nothing about electrics other than the basics. I know ill learn in time but I was wondering if anyone knows any good sites that I could have a read off that would help me along.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

John Whitfield books about electrical craft principles 1 & 2 would give you more than you manage at this early stage, and would stand to you as a good resource in the future.

Volume 1

Volume 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

A few questions here would stimulate discussion too, and be no harm at all.

Don't be afraid to ask them, and the best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

I found this very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Thanks for the help lads!! That site is great Fishdog, exactly what I was looking for. Working in the industrial side of things so its a big more complicated so that should help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

m.j.w wrote: »
    Thanks for the help lads!! That site is great Fishdog, exactly what I was looking for. Working in the industrial side of things so its a big more complicated so that should help.

Well that depends, you might end up being a metal basher!!

My advice for what it's worth is to pick some of the text above and work all the way through it. I found "John Whitfield books about electrical craft principles 1 & 2" a good step by step read, they deal with the theory very well if you dont have a good basic maths qualification.
    They will bring you right up to the stage where additonal maths is required and more complicated engineering methods kick in.

There is enough in them to start at the begining and work all the way through them, doing the examples etc.

BTW IMO dont worry about being in P2 P4 and P6, just do it, go ahead of your Phase.

that is a decent looking site alright fishdog. Remember the net is full of ebooks. Some will have a chapter here and there free to read and see if you like it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement